Friday, May 18, 2012

The Moon/Nine of Swords.  Eeep!  The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and talks about the imagination, perception, and fear of the unknown.  Imagination can be helpful and it can be harmful, and today I need to keep a tight reign on what I visualize and expect, without shutting down the connection to my Inner Voice in the process.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  I could make things worse by expecting bad things; even if they don’t actually manifest in that bad way, I will stress myself unnecessarily.  Don’t worry!

My Thoth card is the Ten of Swords.  “Ruin”?  Really?  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) is a card of interference, powerlessness and restriction, completely manifested.  I need to remember that even the most uncomfortable situation offers some positive opportunity, and I’m only a martyr if I allow myself to be one.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Swords reversed, flavored by the Nine of Coins.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My Seven of Swords is reversed today, and I should have no trouble being open and ethical today.  No isolation for me; I will do better working with the group, and I know it. The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  It is flavoring my reversed Seven of Swords, and that is nice!  My good intentions and my focus and discipline, along with my attempts to work with others for the good of all, should bring some nice rewards.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious response to the pause and beginning of degeneration that is the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Your current plan of attack may run into some snags today, Sagittarius. This might be caused by an emotional need that you may not have recognized earlier. The problem is that your head may say one thing while your gut tells you something else. You might need to put everything on hold while you sort out this inner turmoil. There's a great deal of compassion in the air.”

And: “Life may seem like a great train ride. You have your own little compartment on the train that you are striving to keep comfortable and neat. The company you keep is important, as is your proximity to the food car. Be careful, however, that you don't get so wrapped up in your own little world that you neglect to pay any mind as to where the train is headed.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Swords.  This suit is quite powerful, even though on initial examination it seems simple.  Swords correspond to the element of Air, and Air seems pretty powerless, unless you remember that we can only exist for about a minute or two without it.  A hurricane, in some ways too much Air, can kill, as can a tornado.  The suit of Swords also corresponds to the intellect, a double-edged blade for sure.  The thinking process can bring clarity and enlightenment, or it can create arrogance and hate and destruction.  I am being told today that a wind has begun, a tiny breeze so far but soon enough it will cause the Sword to slice in one direction, or in the other.

I went on an interview this morning, an interview for a job as a Thai Massage Bodyworker!  How cool is that??!!  The interview went well.  I am pleased at how I presented myself; I believe I came off as relaxed and confident.  The company for which I interviewed is a start-up facility that will be offering medical assistance of all kinds, both related to western medicine and more holistic disciplines. 

Thanks to the warning of my cards today, I was able to arrive to the interview in said relaxed and confident state, despite a huge traffic jam of three lanes of bumper-to-bumper vehicles.  I was able to take the message of my Ten of Swords and remember that I need to only sweat the things I can control; traffic is not one of those.  Because of the warning of my cards, I sat back and relaxed, and ended up arriving just about on time. 

Tonight will be a practice night, in preparation for the performance by my belly dance class tomorrow afternoon. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment