Thursday, May 24, 2012

Five of Swords/Queen of Cups reversed.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof), actually focuses on both victory and defeat.  It is a reminder to me that I can’t act solely in my own interest because any victories that are won will be empty. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  If my Queen was upright, I would depend more readily on the messages of my subconscious, but today I am going to be a bit careful.  After all, what I perceive as the intentions and feelings attached to any circumstance may not be accurate.  Feelings are important, but so is clarity of the mind; balance may be necessary.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” today.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) reminds me that sometimes too much pleasure deadens the senses.  I should be aware of the stability of the number 4 and the tendency of Water to pool in low places, and temper my pleasure a bit.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands reversed, flavored by The Fool.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a card which tells of being taxed to some perceived limit.  My Ten of Wands is reversed, so today I may find that I have a bit more fire and energy than I have recently.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool approaches life as an adventure and expects that he will succeed, and since he is flavoring my reversed Ten of Wands, the increased fire and energy will finally bring a bit of optimism to my expectations

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of movement that chases away stagnation and lethargy.

My horoscopes: “Don't put up with anyone's shenanigans, Sagittarius. Your time is too precious and your energy too powerful to waste on those who see you as a fair-weather friend or emotional crutch. Concentrate on your own problems. If someone has a sob story, tell him or her exactly what you think. No need to pad the honest truth with a bunch of fluff just to make the other person feel good.”

And: “It could be that you are seeing mirages at the moment, most notably in the environment around you. You may have the impression that people are lying to you or that they are hiding something from you. Or it may be you are the one who lies about certain things or hides what you do. Why are you making it all so complicated? Don't be afraid to express your feelings.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Fool!  Love this card!  It is about optimism and excitement and an expectation of good things.  I am being told today to rise up on my toes and catch “. . . the breathless embrace of the wind the moment before the plunge!”  This is the energy of The Fool . . . an adrenaline rush and an anticipation of glorious success.  Potential!

I am very happy to say that my Dark Night appears to be blasted away!  This Dark Night really snuck up on me without my being aware of its approach until the black bag was dropped over my head.  Bam!  Suddenly I was in the dark.  But last night, I seem to have blown the Fog away.

I was creating a fertility talisman for my niece, who is trying to have a baby.  I decided to charge the talisman within a sacred circle in order to call Watchers, Guides and Deity.  I began simply, by cleaning the space, gathered my ingredients, and began. 

Immediately, I noticed an awareness like I have not experienced in quite some time.  My circle was strong, and blazing with energy!  As I spoke the words of my circle casting, amazing visualizations appeared in my mind.  When I said the words, “The circle is cast.  So mote it be!” I felt the energy solidify, almost with a physically discernable snap.

I began calling the Watchers and my Elemental Guides.  They appeared right away, and with amazing clarity, standing in each Quarter of my circle, ready to assist in my workings.  I invited the Mother aspect of the Goddess, and there was my Patroness, smiling and exuding fertility.  I invited the Father aspect of the God, and there was Cernunnos, my Patron, the Sacred Catalyst.  As I began charging the ingredients of my talisman, I could feel the presence and attention of each of Them. 

I offered my gratitude, and closed out my working.  But I still feel Them, the Watchers, my Guides, and my Deities. 

The Dark Night is over; the sun has peeked above the horizon.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment