Sunday, May 6, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As usual, I threw three cards after asking “What do I need to know?”  The cards I got are:

19, Guide: Bee (South).  South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Bee is about teamwork and harmony and a sense of community, and about service to that community.  The service is performed for the greater good, and without an expectation of acknowledgment.  Bee is not about the individual’s needs, but rather it is about the needs of the hive, and often the individual is sacrificed in order to allow the hive to continue.

2, Weather: Wind (East).  East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Wind seems to be unorganized, but actually the disruption brought by Wind clears the way for new adventures.  We need to remember that fighting the energies of this card will most likely not bring a good end result; ride the wave!

60, Polarity: Red Dragon (Below).  The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Red Dragon represents passion, inner power, sensuality, drive and life; it represents inner-to-outer effects, and feminine energies.  This is a card of polarity rather than balance, unless the White Dragon (Above) also appears.

Once I created the mandala, I noticed that the Wind card seemed to almost disappear, even though Wind is between two strong cards, one orderly (Bee) and one a card of energies emitting from within (Red Dragon).  The Red Dragon seems to be cradling one of the Bees between her wings, and the rest of her body is almost a cauldron to contain the Bees.  Perhaps Wind represents the essences that arise from the intensity of South and the fertility of Below; and now that I think of it, the midday sun could represent the Sacred Masculine and the Red Dragon definitely represents the Sacred Feminine.  Perfect mandala for Beltane!

I am being told today that I may feel an upwelling of “wild” or “natural” energies that are creating a strong need within me.  But those energies can also benefit my surroundings if I can look past my own personal needs; rather than attempting to hold onto the effects that are bubbling forth from my core, I should allow them to continue outward.

Sunday is also Spring Fitness Challenge check-in day.  I am away again this weekend, this time visiting my son in the Dominican Republic, but I did step on the scale before I left on Thursday, and I am down another pound.  Yay!  Here are some specific updates:

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  I am choosing foods more and more through what I am learning of Ayurveda.  I am seeing that my sugar cravings are decreasing a bit; how cool is that?!

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  I am continuing to be as aware as possible of what I eat and drink, and how they will affect my body and my alertness.  I am also practicing deep breathing for a short period each day, while visualizing toxins being expelled on my exhales.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  I am continuing to do my yoga and stretches each morning, and have been also walking each day.  This weekend, I will be doing some walking but not as much; it will be quite hot so I certainly will be eating less.  Hopefully the temporary cut back on walking time won’t affect things.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  I will be even more hydrated this weekend because I will be in a warm place.  Emotions are no issue again this weekend, and since I have made good progress, I am trying to focus on that progress in order to keep myself in a good mind-set.

Traditionally, I lose weight when I am with my son in the Dominican Republic, and this trip is no exception.  My clothes still feel loose, and I am beginning to feel stronger.  I actually put on my largest pair of “skinny” shorts today!  I like that feeling!  And if I can keep strong and not have another pause for a few weeks, I will feel even better.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment