Thursday, May 17, 2012

Four of Wands reversed/Five of Cups.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, or celebrating the successful efforts of the Three of Wands.  My Four of Wands is present but it is reversed, which tells me that I’ve got some work to do before I can stop and celebrate. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support, and perhaps it is this focus on what is uncomfortable or bad, rather than the good things that are still there but being hidden by the bad things, that is holding me back.  The Cup is half full!!

My Thoth card is the Three of Wands.  “Virtue” is the keyword attached to this card, which is interesting.  The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) tells of being successfully established after some effort expended.  However, it can also represent the pride one feels after creating or establishing something through some personal effort.  Perhaps that is what the “Virtue” is about, for respecting ourselves is important when we are laying groundwork for growth and creation, and respecting those who have helped us to get a leg up is also important.  None of us is an island, and every one of us depends on others in order to grow and move forward. 

My Legacy card is the Eight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Four of Cups reversed.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of confusion and restriction, or of being stymied by obstacles.  I won’t feel powerless today, though, and I should be able to push through any obstacles or confusion.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody), my second reversed Four today, would be warning me of the stagnation that comes through too much of a good thing, if it were upright.  But my Four is reversed (and in fact, both of my Fours today are reversed), so there should be no pauses to deal with.  Granted, a pause to celebrate accomplishments, represented by an upright Four of Wands, would be good, but at least I’m not being mired in the stagnation that surrounds the upright Four of Cups.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growth ends and degeneration begins.

My horoscopes: “You may have felt an oppressive mood hanging in the air when you woke up this morning, Sagittarius. Unfortunately, that haze of misunderstanding and conflict is likely to last all day. However, it makes this an ideal time to speak up about anything that's bothering you! Don't be shy about going on the warpath today. If you don't, you're likely to be the target of a surprise attack.”

And: “This is going to be a day for protecting your sense of space and privacy. You may be forced into some kind of partnership with people who aren't very scrupulous. They are going to make you feel that your territory is being invaded as never before. But what they don't know is that Sagittarius is preparing a storm. This is not the moment for people to be bothering you!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength!  Perfect.  This card with its lovely image reminds me that in many situations, soft control is the best choice.  It is unshakable resolve that will in the end bring success, and this success will be attained whether or not any showy methods are used.  In fact, success will most likely come faster and easier if I believe in myself and my ability to succeed!

I’m just back from my sister and brother in law’s house; they cooked us dinner.  We had a great evening, and I even stayed under control, eating-wise.  Now, I am ready for bed.  Tomorrow is another day.  In fact, tomorrow is Friday.  I’ve got some belly dancing to do, and then I’m heading to  Cape May.  Gardening on Sunday!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment