Monday, May 7, 2012

Five of Cups reversed/King of Wands. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support, but my Five of Cups is reversed.  This means that any setbacks or distractions will not cause me to feel alone or abused.  Maybe I will even be able to head them off at the pass! The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is a natural leader who not only creates new strategies through hard-earned knowledge, experience and wisdom, but puts them into effect as well.  He is reminding me that I can create my dreams and manifest my visions into reality.  And, in doing so, I will encourage others to do the same.  Looks like the Cup will be half full today, rather than half empty.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Disks reversed. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She is competent and loyal, and has great people skills.  However, because my Queen is reversed today, I will need to be sure that I don’t become too dependent on the predictable, and on security.  Hopefully that King of Wands will prevent this.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups reversed, flavored by The Fool. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering), and upright is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice. My Page of Cups is reversed, however, and I will need to keep careful watch on my mood and my feelings, so that they don’t become too dark. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool approaches life as an adventure and expects that he will succeed.  He is encouraging me to be open to new things today, and to see whatever comes to me as an adventure.  He will prevent the Page of Cups from drowning in pessimism!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Some short trips in your neighborhood and contact with neighbors or visitors to your community could bring some interesting information your way, Sagittarius. It gets you thinking about ways to improve your socioeconomic status and probably your professional standing. Spiritual and philosophical discussions could also take place. In addition, your insights can prove as valuable as any outside information. Trust your intuition and follow your heart.

And: “Boredom and apathy could tempt you to run out to the shopping mall and spend a lot of money on luxuries. You might also be seduced into overindulging in food and drink. This can make you feel better temporarily, but in the long run all you'll have is an empty wallet and a stomachache. Treat yourself, but don't totally throw caution to the winds. This will pass by tomorrow, and you don't want to regret today!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Cups.  Lovely energies!!  “This is the melding of Water and Earth and Air, the alchemy of elements.”  This is a card about the creation of emotional connections.  Relationships are born, nurtured, and grow.

I am always amazed at how quickly the time passes when I visit my son in the D.R.  Everything here is so vibrant and alive, and you would think that the time would drag out slowly rather than speed up.  I’ve experienced so much, so many incredible connections to the workings of Nature.  The background hum of the essences of Deity is so very easy to perceive here, and I will return home fulfilled and rested.  I even slept well this trip!

I do have a lot of catching up to do, but I will worry about that tomorrow.  For now, I am enjoying the sun and the beautiful foliage and blue skies.  And the fact that while I had a great time, I did not eat or drink too much.

We will finish the vacation by doing a short ritual of gratitude by his well.  How could I, Priestess and Dedicant of Danu, have missed this opportunity in the past?  We will be dropping a 25 Peso coin and a 25 cent coin into Brian’s well.  Next time, I will be more prepared for this.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment