Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Queen of Swords/The Wheel of Fortune reversed. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) is connected to Airy emotions, as she is Water of Air.  She is open, up front, alert and hard to fool, and in the Queen of Swords, the intuition of Water and the mental clarity of the suit are compatible, and work together. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) is telling me that whether I am ready or not, stuff is going to happen, and probably is happening already.  This is true whether The Wheel is upright or reversed, but since my Wheel is reversed today, it appears that I’m not taking advantage of whatever is happening.  Perhaps my reversed Wheel is hinting at the Dark Night of the Soul that seems to be clouding my mind recently; after all, if we come into the energies of The Wheel feeling clear and well-able to see our next step, then when The Wheel turns, that clarity will be obscured. 

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups reversed. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice.  My Princess/Page

My Legacy card is the Two of Swords, flavored by the Six of Wands reversed. . The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Most of the time, the barriers constructed in concert with the energies of this card are self-created; the important thing about these barriers is that it is okay to be shut up for a bit, but I can’t allow the barriers to stay in place indefinitely. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  My Six of Wands is reversed, and it is flavoring my Two of Swords, so it is telling me that success is there, circling around me.  I need to be careful for it will only stay there, circling around and attempting to enter, for so much time, and then success will depart.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential of the Ace and the balance and polarity (and understanding of “distance between”) of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Connect with the stabilizing force of the day, Sagittarius. It's important for you to keep at least one foot on the ground, as powerful and intense emotions are likely to try to take over the scene. This is a good time to do things with passion. Don't hold back. Whatever you do today, you need to give it all or nothing. There is no room for any half-hearted attempts.

And: “If you've been feeling excessively tired lately, it may be stress that is building up within. Today's planetary aspect brings an added energy to communication, and it would be wise to consider talking some of these stresses out. Worry, anxiety, and fear are huge drains on physical and emotional health. For some, exercise can alleviate some of this, and for others, talking is the key. Find the most effective ways to rid yourself of such "energy suckers," and help yourself to feel better.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Pentacles.  “The peaches are ripe; a magickal energy writhes in each lush globe.  To pluck them or no?  Will these peaches still sparkle with that living glow once taken from the tree, or will they just become dull as the normal fruit in her basket?”  From “Shadowscapes Companion.” This card is telling me that now is the time to appreciate the fruits of my labors.  But I am also being warned; don’t wait too long to decide, or the choice will no longer be there.

The day before yesterday was an exciting day astronomically.  There was an annular solar eclipse on Sunday, plus the New Moon was at 7:47 pm Eastern that same night.  The weekend’s eclipse is called an annular or “ring” eclipse because the Moon passes directly in front of the Sun but will cover only 88% of it; this is because the eclipse occurs just one day after the Moon reaches apogee, the most distant point in its orbit around Earth.

Astrologically, the eclipse occured at 0 degrees and 21 minutes of Gemini, affecting people born with personal planets and points at approximately 25 to 30 degrees of the Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius) and approximately 0 to 5 degrees of the Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces) most significantly.  And since I am a Sagittarius born on the cusp with Scorpio, with Taurus as my rising sign and Scorpio as my Moon sign, this one affected and is still affecting me.

Interestingly enough, we will have a lunar eclipse on June 4, 2012 at 14 degrees and 14 minutes of Sagittarius and Gemini, affecting people born with personal planets and points at approximately 9 to 19 degrees of the Mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces), which includes me. 

LOL, it’s gonna be a bit crazy, eh?  And I wonder if this is partially the reason I am feeling a bit disconnected.  With two vacations in a row, and then my belly dance class having a performance, I’ve been very much focused on my physical, mundane world.  My inbox is full, and I’ve had to put aside much of the work I was doing on my Third Degree assignment until yesterday.  However, the big stuff is over, and I am already attempting to reconnect with my Degree Training.

But spiritually, I feel as if I’ve lost something.  And I’m talking personally here, because my Degree Training has me connected to others, has me assisting others and has me empowering others in an exciting way.  I am connected to my Coven and I am effective there, and I am pleased with my progress. 

Somehow, I’ve lost my connection to the background hum of the energies of Nature.  I’ve stopped sensing the essences of the Sacred Feminine and the Sacred Masculine.  I am still performing my usual personal daily rituals, but they are not bringing me the fulfillment that they have brought in the past; instead they feel empty.  The words are still important and right; it is me, not the words or rituals, that is the problem. The alchemic process of Distillation seems to have stalled, and I wonder why.

I have not experienced a true Dark Night of the Soul in a while.  It appears that a Dark Night has snuck up on me, while I wasn’t looking.  I am not yet in the position to deal with this Dark Night now; I’ve got to catch up first.  The light at the end of the tunnel is that I am not panicking.  I will get my tasks and responsibilities in order, and then I will deal with this Dark Night.

I actually feel a bit better just through admitting this to myself.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment