Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nine of Pentacles/Eight of Pentacles. Lots of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) today; both of these cards focus on my physical world. The Eight of Pentacles is reminding me that I have work to do, and I need to be focused and dedicated in order to achieve my goals. But the work is worth it, even if the payoff itself seems to be not in sight. I am also being told that I need to balance theory with practical experience; I can’t neglect the “doing” in the name of “learning.” In the end, I have great potential to bring balance and strength and success into a combination of the spiritual world and the physical realms!

My Thoth card is the Five of Swords. “Defeat,” but not in the usual manner. The suit of Swords is about the element of Air, and the intellect; the serenity and truce of the number 4 has ended because it could no longer be maintained. I need to remember that while sometimes it is necessary to end a truce in order to achieve resolution, I cannot be selfish and unethical in the process. Everything can’t always be my way.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Coins flavored by The Sun reversed. The Ace of Coins tells me that an opportunity has presented itself but that opportunity has not yet begun to manifest. I am the final ingredient that will begin the process, and until I truly commit myself, the opportunity will remain theory instead of reality. Now is the time to begin, for even though The Sun is reversed, it is there and so is its potential. In an upright position, The Sun (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes; the sun, the inner core of a person or situation, influential power; Resh, face, reason; the Path between Yesod, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration, and Hod, analysis and communication), and like the opportunity in the physical realms, the energies of The Sun are not engaged in the situation, or are being blocked from engaging, but because I know they are there, those energies could be accessed.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of stability (and increasing stagnation).

My horoscopes: “A good tactic for you today would be to convert your fears into motivation for positive action. There's a great deal of energy at your disposal, Sagittarius, so don't waste it. Be aware that this is one of those times in which the smallest comment or insult could set off a huge chain reaction of misinformation or battles. People are quite emotionally charged, so be careful where you step.”

And: “Prove yourself worthy today by standing up for exactly what it is that you believe in. You will find that there is a tremendous amount of power and strength at your disposal. Transform negative feelings into cannon balls of transforming energy. You can make anything happen today as long as you set your mind to it. There is nothing stopping you from getting you to where you need to go.

And: “If it feels like professional pressure is mounting, you need to turn your attention to getting the job done. That proves that you mean what you say, and also that you have the chops to back it up. Keep your eyes open and focused, and avoid all distractions (including all the drama your colleagues are dreaming up right now). You know exactly what's necessary.”

I have been reviewing the stages of The Great Work, and I have realized an interesting indication that the Rubedo is upon me. The third step of The Great Work is called the Red Phase. The Rubedo is the logical next step, the step that allows the release and manifestation of the energies that were completely transformed by the Nigredo and the Albedo. Interestingly enough, there is a sort of “mini-Dark Night” within the processes of the Rubedo, just before the final result, usually called “putrefaction.” This step provides a last chance to remove any remaining contaminants or remainder of ego.

This “putrefaction” has appeared! I am feeling as if I am in limbo, with everything ready to go but no action being taken and no results being manifested. This pause, I have come to realize, is my indication that I am the last ingredient, that the tipping point toward manifestation of the new and transformed energies is attained when I commit myself to acting and when I take those first actions. Until then, everything is paused, ready and willing but unable to begin until I add my own energies, my own intentions, my own Will. Those are the ingredients that become the “big bang,” they are the fire that ignites all the fuel I have so carefully gathered and arranged for optimum effect. I am the necessary “on/off switch,” and until I commit myself to the endeavor, it will pause, and eventually begin to stagnate.

Cool!!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment