Friday, July 30, 2010

The Lovers reversed/Six of Wands. In an upright position, The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Gemini, “I think,” social, duality, intelligent; Zayin, double edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) represents the kind of love that brings the creation of new things, but it also represents personal choices, important ones. Since it is reversed, I am being told that today may not be all about me alone. The Six of Wands represents that feeling of satisfaction that happens when you are able to overcome adversity through the implementation of your own skills and ideas. Sounds like although my choices today will not be made through my own preferences, I will feel pretty good nevertheless.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Cups reversed. In an upright position, this Prince is seen by Crowley as being calm on the exterior, but that calm exterior covers up deep and intense feelings. He is seen as open to the ideas of others, but he tends to use them only if they assist in filling his own needs, for he cares about power and wisdom, and his own aims. This is a bit more intense than the usual interpretation of this card, but in any event, the Princes/Knights are mercenaries who focus solely on their own tasks. The card is reversed, though, and I need to beware that I don’t connect with the suit of Cups in an imbalanced manner; too much Water is just as bad as too little Water.

My Legacy card is The Fool, flavored by The Star reversed. The Fool is another Air card, and it also corresponds with Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility). It represents being at the helm of a powerful vehicle, maybe more powerful than realized, and while the ending may be fantabulous, that nature of ending will be in part due to luck, and in part due to skill and courage. The Star (more Air; Aquarius, “I know,” the group, friendships; Tsadi, fish hook, experience or thought; and the Path between Yesod and Netzach) in an upright position tells of the new hope that comes the morning after a monstrous storm. Because the card is reversed, I am being warned that a potential imbalance exists.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to 2, the number of balance and distance/line.

My horoscopes: “Get things out in the open today, Sagittarius. If someone seems to insult you, call them on it. Letting things fester inside only destroys your self-esteem. You'd also be in danger of losing the respect of others. This could very well be a situation in which everyone but you sees the truth. Try not to let this happen. Be bold and assertive, and don't let others pull the wool over your eyes.”

And: “You took your role as class clown quite seriously (still do, really), and you've always made sure to keep up your skills. Anyone who wants to wrestle the title away from you finds it next to impossible, in fact. You're able to defend it today, no matter where you find yourself. Make sure you can turn it off, if and when the situation turns serious -- in a romantic way, that is.”

And: “Someone whom you'd rather not see might visit you at your home today. This could be a friend of a housemate, or an ex-lover, or an obnoxious salesman who won't leave. It might be best for you to make your excuses and leave yourself, as this may be the only way to shake this person loose from your doorstep. Don't worry about being polite. Life is too short to sacrifice your own peace for an uninvited guest.”

Finally Friday! My in-laws and their dog are coming down to Cape May this weekend, and I am really looking forward to this. We will got to Higbee Beach and explore the tidal pools and streams, we will have some great meals and listen to some great music, and I will do some bodywork. How cool is that??!!

I touched base with one of my Guides, The General. He smiled, and told me that yes, he is still around, but as of now he is not needed. He acknowledged that he still watches me and is always ready to guide me should that guidance be needed, but he also explained that I am at the stage where any growth needs to happen by my Will and influence, and not tainted by his. The General reminded me that I have been in this position too, and after offering guidance and suggestions, I have stood back and watched as my own student tries out his or her new skills. I still feel responsibility for that student because he or she is using my knowledge and advice to make his or her decisions, but I do not want to taint what they are becoming on their own by tampering with the process. I understand this completely, and I am reassured that The General is still there, should I need him.

I seem to be experiencing a new flow of energy, and this new flow seems to have begun yesterday, as I accepted the fact that the Rubedo is winding down and I need to start preparing for the next cycle. I actually feel empowered by this new energy; it feels kind of similar to that time when the tide has completed its ebb flow and its pause, and now the waters are beginning to return. **smile** I am riding a tidal bore! However, according to my divination for the day, I should not let exuberance blind me to any dangers.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment