Thursday, April 22, 2010

Six of Wands reversed/Judgement. Interesting combination today. The Six of Wands in an upright position tells of the sense of victory that comes with the overcoming of some pretty potent obstacles. The Judgement card, which corresponds with the element of Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), the planet Pluto (metamorphosis, power, cycles of becoming) and Shin (fang), tells of the arrival of a day of reckoning where I will be given the chance to pay my bills and clean the slate. This clearing of the slate allows a new reconciliation between the conscious mind, the unconscious mind, and the Younger Self.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Wands reversed. Creativity and fast movement that is found within the primordial energy of the Divine as it manifests within matter are what make up the energy of this Ace. It is potential just before that potential is shaped by Will. Since the card is reversed, I may be blocked from these energies, but these two reversed Wands cards might balance the Judgement card (another Fire card) nicely.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Cups. The Holy Grail, and the concept that love is all I need. Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts) and the astrological symbols of Fall, Libra (“We are, partnerships, Balance cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intense, sexual, secretive) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering), both offer the potential for emotional, subconscious and spiritual renewal. It is up to me to reach out and take the Cup being offered.

My 6-digit date number is 9. Woooho! No wonder I feel so good today. The number 9 is about completeness (as opposed to the completion of the number 10).
Absolutely chaotic, crazy day today. I woke up feeling as if something inside of me, some part of me that keeps me balanced and connected, was unplugged. I guess our ritual last night had more of a physical manifestation than I thought.

I have been expecting to hear from Mystery's Guides and contact finally happened as I walked last night. I looked up and saw the first quarter moon, hiding behind the clouds. Suddenly, I was not walking in Hackensack; instead I was standing at the lip of a gorge at the bottom of which was a stream, and fog. I went down, passing through wisps of fog, and sat by the burbling stream. The air was cold, but crisp and clean, and after a bit the crickets became accustomed to my presence, and continued their songs.

After a bit, they quieted again, and I heard a rustling in the bushes at the other side of the stream. Suddenly, there appeared a man, grey hair and a grey beard, wearing an indigo robe. The robe glistened as he moved; for all I know, he was clothed in shadow. He waked to the water’s edge and sat on a large boulder, his hands upon his knees. I knew him; he was Merlin, great mage and sorcerer. After a moment, he motioned to me, calling me to cross the stream. I walked to the water and tested it with my toe; it was cold, but very shallow.

As I began crossing, suddenly, the softly babbling brook became a raging torrent! I looked up at Merlin, and he nodded, so I continued. The current was strong, and I banged my knee and skinned my elbows as I struggled to keep my feet in the icy water. Just as I was almost to the other side, I suddenly stepped into a hole and was swept downstream.

I surfaced and luckily was able to grab a branch of a tree that had been toppled and lay partially in the water; I strained to hold on as the water washed over my head and up my nose. I pulled myself closer to the shore and finally found footing. I stood, and struggled the rest of the way to the shore and lay on my back, exhausted.

As I lay there, gasping, I heard the roar of the stream fade away. I sat up, and to my amazement, the torrent had disappeared and the stream was once again softly burbling and winding its way through the rocks. I stood and walked back to where Merlin was still sitting. By the time I reached him, my teeth were chattering and I was trembling from the cold.

“Very funny,” I said through chattering teeth. “Actually, it was,” he replied with a smile. I could not help but smile back at him, as I remembered another fall into icy water and a similar response from my son, Brian.

There were places to sit next to Merlin, but I decided that I should show him honor, so I sat on the ground at his feet, shivering. Merlin lifted his wand and (I am certain that he said the same word that Hogwarts students say to make their wands glow!) his wand glowed like a torch and I could see him clearly; he could see me as well, a shivering, wet heap sitting at his feet. After a moment, he leaned forward, and said, “Young lady, you are no sorcerer like My Mystery, but you are a Priestess. Why are you allowing yourself to be uncomfortable? Why are you not warming yourself?”

He was right. We were in the astral realms, and I have the power to fix this! I brought my awareness inward to my solar plexus chakra, and I warmed myself. It took a few moments of focus, but soon enough I was feeling much more comfortable.

“You are very shortly dedicating yourself to a God whose focus is very, very physical. And yet, you are not Balanced. You are not yet connecting all that you have accomplished to your physical world. You know very well how to ask why, and you also know very well how to answer your own question. But you do not ask the question ‘how?’ The pains and aches and illnesses that you have been experiencing are caused by this imbalance. You need to work harder. You need to mix your ‘why?’ question together with a ‘how?’ question. You must broaden your focus.”

Merlin sighed, and then continued. “Both of you are out of sorts today. Are you surprised about this? You have both been told that your workings are powerful, even beyond your expectations. Are you surprised that you are not feeling yourself, that you are feeling as if something is missing, after the working that you and Mystery performed last night? After you both put a part of yourselves ‘Between’ until your dedication ritual?” He waited, and then continued. “Each of you willingly entered into this working, and it was accomplished both through physical actions and energy gathered and charged. Next time, you will learn from this and make certain that you work into your spell a bit more protection; you will learn from this working, and you will not forget your power. But all is not lost; you both can fix things enough to return to Balance, and not betray the working that you have both put into place.”

He stood then, and said: “All will be well.” Then he snapped his finger, and disappeared!

I sat for a while, thinking about what Merlin had said. He was right; I need to connect what I am learning with my life, and I need to connect the spiritual with the physical in a Balanced manner. I smiled as I remembered what Merlin said about the working that Mystery and I did last night. We both felt off balance today, and there is a reason for that. And we both have been told that anything we do together will have power beyond our expectations.

And it looks like Merlin was right; I am feeling much better today. More Balanced and more in control. I am doing every task, using my muscles each time, with awareness. I feel better, grounded yet not shut down, and ready to face the day.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment