Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Queen of Cups/Six of Swords reversed. Oooh, Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts) of Water!! This Queen’s ability to tap into and hear her Inner Voice is only surpassed by The High Priestess. I may feel very drawn to look inward today; the whispers of voices are calling to me, inviting me to spend the day in the astral realms. One thing though, that Six of Swords reversed is telling me to be very careful about what problems I release, because some of them may come back to bite me in the future.

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed. The “Love” card reversed. While the day may include lots of inner focus, apparently that focus may not include too much awareness of the emotion of love. I need to remember that love is always the answer, there is more to love than romance, and I can’t allow myself to be distracted from that knowledge.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands reversed. In an upright position, Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes) and Summer (Cancer “I feel,” Leo “I am,” and Virgo “I serve”) correspond to this Ace, and it is the potential for all connected to these concepts. Creativity and excitement may not be present today, and while I may sense the potential for stimulating interactions and the ideas and good feelings manifested by those interactions, they may not be readily available for manifestation.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of manifestation. The number 3 tells of the concept of “location,” as well as “surface” or “area.” It tells me that today I know where I’ve been and I have a pretty good idea where I’m going.

My horoscope for today: “You could have an urge to invent new things, Sagittarius. You feel compelled to create something in the artistic, technical, or philosophical field. If only you'd give yourself enough time to pursue these ideas! Today, realize that concentration is the key to accomplishment. Put away periodicals, computer, phone, and other such distractions and you might well be surprised by the wealth of inspiration that comes to you.”

I learned a new term today, and it is really affecting me: “evolutionary momentum.” This term is presented in The Tibetan Book of the Dead. The translator, Robert Thurman, brings forth an interesting concept: if life evolves and mutates physically in order to better survive, why can't life evolve and mutate mentally for the same reason? Each of us here at Sacred Mists can attest to the fact that our mind, our thinking patterns and our psyche can be changed. The human life form and its psyche are the evolutionary product not only of negatives such as hate and greed and isolation, but also of their opposites: patience and generosity and intelligent sensitivity. By voluntarily choosing to depart from an instinctive response of hate, just one time, and choosing to instead experience patience, even if you force it on yourself, you are ever so slightly decreasing the strength of an automatic hate-reaction to being betrayed or hurt. If you voluntarily choose to depart from an instinctive reaction of greed and replace that greed with generosity, even if you need to grit your teeth on order to do so, you ever so slightly decrease your automatic attachment-reaction when confronted with a desire.

Patience and generosity (and all the other positive feelings or emotions that correspond to their polar opposites) are stimulated and made to appear desirable because when you voluntarily choose them you are gifted by an infinitesimal quanta of a heightened sensitivity to other beings. The more you choose to embrace the positive feelings, the more connected you feel to the world. The cumulative effect of these voluntary departures from the push of instincts and accustomed behaviors develops evolutionary momentum!

Everything gained by evolutionary momentum can be easily lost. Pride in your accomplishment, the kind of pride that isolates and is fed on self-delight and the perception of being better than others, addiction to the power brought to you by the perception of greatness, or allowing yourself to forget the plight of others who are still struggling and to forget that you were once one of them, and many more missteps, can send you backwards very easily.

I need to remember this concept, and I need to remember that there are always consequences to even the most insignificant action. I have a responsibility to be aware. And I do enjoy the reward of voluntarily choosing to act in order to increase my evolutionary momentum: a deeper and stronger connection to all life.

Fasten your seat belt!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment