Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Tower reversed/Three of Swords reversed. Oy, and oy. Yes, I know; the cards are reversed, but they are there just the same, which means the energies of the cards are a factor for today. The Tower corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), the planet Mars (action, aggression, spontaneity), and the Hebrew letter Phe (mouth, speech), the last correspondence being very strange upon first examination. In an upright position, The Tower shows us what happens if we insist on resisting change, and the Three of Swords in many ways is a Minor Arcana version of The Tower, as it represents hurt and betrayal on an intellectual level.

My Thoth card is the Four of Disks reversed. This is the “Power” card in that the heavy stability of the energy outweighs any weaknesses. It is the card of the perfect defense, pure Law with no aggression. Is that good or bad? Because the card is reversed, this heavy stability may end up being a liability today in some way.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups. Whew, that is a relief. Jupiter (expansiveness and growth) in Pisces (I know), and “completeness” of Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts), tells me that no matter what realms the challenges of the day present themselves, I will be pretty happy with the ways that I deal with them.

My 6-digit date number is 8, which is about responding to the beginnings of degeneration that is the number 7. The number 8 is an echo of the vertical and horizontal Balance of the number 6; not quite as powerful, but pleasant just the same.

My horoscope: “Too much mental or physical exercise could have you feeling a bit burned out today, Sagittarius. You could be considerably slower on the uptake than usual, and those around you could be surprised that you, normally very energetic, seem to be moving like a snail. Spend as much time resting as you can, because you'll need to recoup your stamina. If you must work, concentrate on routine tasks requiring very little conscious effort.” LOL, ya think??!!

I slept with my black amethyst crystal last night. Oy, I had a night of very deep, almost drugged, sleep, and I am still bouncing off walls a bit, even after two cups of coffee. I did feel a bit more alert after my usual application of Reiki into my chakras, but I am very sluggish today. Could I be detoxing in some way? Or is this sluggishness due to burning the candle at both ends, as suggested by my horoscope? I will sleep with the crystal again tonight, and see how I feel tomorrow.

The Student Council met last night strictly for ego boosting purposes. We have been really working hard to assess everyone’s roles within the Council, and this assessment is at times painful. But the good thing is that we are dredging up all the stuff that has been pushed into dark, dusty corners, whether because no one has the time to deal with it or because no one is brave enough to deal with it. We are being asked to look at ourselves, our attitudes and our performance with a microscope, and also to look at each other in the same way, and assess with brutal honesty in perfect love and trust. Talk about walking a tightrope over a chasm! Last night was all about focusing on the good things that we each bring to the Council, and I think we each needed that. In any event, I believe that working through these sometimes difficult issues will make us stronger and more effective as a Council, because in order to work through them, we need to increase our confidence in each other and ourselves.

This is going to be another busy week for me. I have three things on my To Do List, and if I can cross them all off by Friday, I will be very happy indeed!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment