Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ace of Cups/Six of Wands reversed. This Ace represents the Holy Grail and the incredible potential that is love. I am glad to see this card today, the last day of the calendar year, because it encourages me to go on with optimism, even though the Yule Season this year has been filled with bronichitis instead of revelations. I am a bit disappointed that my untimely illness has distracted me from my preparations for the Yule Sabbat, but I am convinced that once I am completely well again, I will be able to gain from all this. That Six of Wands and its corresponding sense of victory may be reversed, but at least the card is there, so success is still in the equation!

My Thoth card is the Ten of Cups reversed. In an upright position, the Satiety card tells us that often when we finally receive what we wanted, it turns out that we don’t want it after all. I am encouraged that this card is reversed; like the reversed Six of Wands above, it is encouraging me to continue striving, and it is warning me that I had better find a way to appreciate what I have now, or I won’t appreciate my future successes. How is that for a New Year’s Eve message?

My Legacy card is The Hermit. In Marchetti’s deck, The Hermit is not on a fun camping trip; he is striving to accomplish or realize a goal in a solitary way, relying only on himself. In Gateway To The Divine Tarot (the LWB that comes with the deck), this card is described in this way: “Some knowledge takes the form of light and some takes the form of shadow. The knowledge of light is meant for the world. The knowledge of shadow is meant for you alone, but it is concealed until you are ready.” The Hermit corresponds with the sign of Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), and the Hebrew letter of Yod (the hand; divine light, the point of light out of which everything came).

My cards are particularly meaningful for me today because my brain is finally starting to come out of the fog of illness. As I become more alert, I am thinking about all the mental preparations I made for Yule in the weeks before the Sabbat, and I am trying to reconnect to my focuses at that time, which were put on hold on Yule Eve when I first began to get sick. My cards today are encouraging because they are telling me that perhaps the time was not yet ripe for me to step forward, but the opportunity is still there.

And so, on the last day of the calendar year 2009, I am choosing to see this past year as a good time for me. I accomplished quite a bit, and I feel very good about where I am in the physical world, where I am within Sacred Mists, and where I am in my own spirituality. I am looking forward to 2010 as being a year filled with growth, new connections and new accomplishments.

Happy New Year. The Best Is Yet To Come!

$

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    I must ask...lol...did we offend you when we were down in Cape May? After that...we never heard from you again..lol....**bites nails**

    Anyway ~ even if we *were* offensive a**h*les and you're only humoring me by acknowledging my existance at all ~

    Happy New Year/Decade ~ And Happy 'Blue Moon!'

    xo
    Vulture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well!! Offend? No, no, no. Humoring you? No, no, no. *snort* *giggle* Has anyone successfully done that to you? You don't strike me as the type of person that is good at accepting that.

    Craziness? Yes. More than that though. I have been in a sort of fog in some ways, along with many new Sacred Mists responsibilities. In my post-sickness clarity I have been able to see that I have given waaaay too much power to Nancy-The-Procrastinator. She's the one who always says, "I'll answer that email later" and "I'll make that phone call tomorrow." She's hiding now, though, cause she knows I'm on to her.

    Happy New year, and Happy New Bathroom!! I am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete