Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Four of Cups/Seven of Cups. Stagnation and difficulty choosing today; okay then. My work is cut out for me. I need to focus as much as possible.

My Thoth card is the Two of Wands. The Lord of Dominion, and boy do I need the energy of this card today! Pure Will is just what the doctor ordered to counteract those two stagnating Cups cards.

My Legacy Card is The Wheel reversed. In an upright position, the Wheel (Jupiter: abundance, luck, wisdom and growth; Kaph: fist or plam, Fire: hot/separates and dry/shapes) tells of action and it tells of the unavoidable influence of the cycles of our world. Because the card is reversed, I may have some difficulty connecting with or being aware of these cycles and I might be benefited by a little extra focus.

I finished reading Molecules of Emotion for the first time; I will need to go back and read it again in order to really absorb the information presented, and LOL, the second time I will have pencil in hand, so I can underline the phrases that are important. I enjoyed learning more about the emotional/physiological connection. Interestingly enough, I read a concept that helps to explain my delirium of late due to my bronchitis.

“However, if our emotions are blocked due to denial, repression or trauma [for instance, the physical trauma of illness], then blood flow can become chronically constricted, depriving the frontal cortex, as well as other organs, of vital nourishment. This can leave you foggy and less alert, limit your awareness . . .” [my thoughts added] Hmmm . . . makes sense. A physiological reason for me to feel disconnected while I’m sick. The interesting thing is that Pert feels that through focus of the mind and visualizations, we can help to counteract these physical symptoms. This is the advice of a scientist! I am ready to start The Intention Experiment, upon the recommendation of Bob; can’t wait to get into that one.

We are heading down to Cape May tonight to prepare for our Blue Moon House Blue Moon New Year’s Eve party. Friends, neighbors and family will be attending, and it should be a fun weekend. I am even feeling much better (although not totally well), so I should be able to enjoy the festivities. My cards today are telling me to be careful, to watch out for the effects of outside influences, and to focus, focus, and oh yes, to focus!!! I will do my best, for I have been warned. **wink**

$

No comments:

Post a Comment