Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Knight of Swords reversed/The Hierophant. In an upright position the Knight of Swords (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, of Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts) tells of decisiveness based on the intellect and a total lack of the infusion of emotions of any kind. This Knight represents the unstable force of the will supporting the intellect, and he is reversed and paired with The Hierophant (Taurus: “I have,” sensual, cautious, determined and stubborn; Vau, the nail that holds tradition in place), so any emotions that I experience today will not be about me, they will be about the group. I should work through traditional methods today, rather than revolutionary ones, and I should be wary of arousing unrest in any way for there is a potential for this to happen.

My Thoth card is the Three of Swords. The “Sorrow” card in the Thoth deck tells of division, of irreconcilable differences, and of melancholy that is not necessarily dependent on any particular circumstance. this is the one card in the entire Tarot that usually foretells the coming of difficulties that are hard to see through rose-colored glasses. Oy.

My Legacy Card is The Hanging Man. This card connects to the element of Water (emotions, feelings, psychic connection) and the planet of Neptune (idealism, spirituality and connection to intuition); Mem (water; submission) is the Hebrew letter associated with this card. Marchetti uses some interesting symbolism on his image for this card; the one I connected with the most was the hourglass on its side, balanced (not actually hanging) with no sand moving, representing a sort of halfway point, with equal parts of the journey both behind and yet to be accomplished. I think what Marchetti is saying here is that surrendering or allowing an effect or event to happen without supplying input or direction allows us to see and experience and understand that effect or event from a new vantage point. Hmmm . . . interesting!

Today is the first day that I have been able to bring my focus outside of my physical body and the effects of bronchitis and laryngitis. These past eight days, I have learned that I am stronger than I thought I was, I have learned that when I need to, I can use the fuel of my Will alone to get things done, and I have learned that when I am physically ill, my personal energy field totally withdraws into my body, apparently in order to help sustain it in its time of need.

I managed to make it through the entire holiday season, starting from Yule Eve and all the way through Christmas, without missing one event, including the Sacred Mists Yule Ritual. I even had my dance partner and her family over for dinner last Saturday night. LOL, I was pretty much delirious that entire evening, but I functioned. The holiday gifts got bought and wrapped, the laundry got done, and my house is even clean!

I have kept up with my 40-day Reiki project, even though some of the days I was not able to apply Reiki to all of my main chakras. But I did notice that it was very difficult to get the Reiki flowing into the chakras; my physical body, it seems, was soaking the Reiki up, pre-empting application into the chakras. Can’t imagine why! Could it have something to do with the sore throat, headache and debilitating cough? There were at least two times when I was able to actually raise my awareness up out of my miserably suffering body; talk about a pain killer! Unfortunately I could not maintain that separation for long, but I learned that one of the best ways to have an out-of-body experience is to impose prolonged discomfort to the physical body. Not a method that I would choose on a regular basis, mind you, but it is nice to know that I received some positive result from being sick.

Now all I have to do is figure out exactly what that Three of Swords is warning me about, and I will be good to go. In the mean time, I guess I should try and figure out what I was working on when I got sick, and get back to it!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment