Monday, December 21, 2009

Ace of Swords reversed/Page of Cups reversed. More reversed cards! I am coming down with a headcold and I feel miserable today, so perhaps the message is an obvious one: I will have trouble focusing on anything. I may have trouble rousing enthusiasm today, but at least there is a good chance that I won’t be presented with any challenges that require focus, either.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Swords reversed. Fire of Air reversed; in an upright position this Knight tells of being clever and rational, but often unconnected to any real facts and indifferent to his own purpose. The card is reversed, so while things may seem muddy for me today, I just might have enough focus to hold my own.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Pentacles reversed. The root or potential of the power of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) may be difficult to tap into today. I may find that I am not grounded, and that I will have trouble successfully grasping the bounties that present themselves to me.

I am very frustrated, because I have been mentally preparing for this day, Yule, the Winter Solstice, for the past week or two, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat, a headache, and a foggy brain. I did drag myself out of bed with enough time to see the sunrise, which was beautiful! We had a few fair weather clouds, which were kissed with blue and pink, and the horizon was a rich golden color as the light of the newborn sun filled my visage.

We did our first Sacred Mists Reiki Circle yesterday afternoon, the 20th day of my personal 40-day Reiki project, and Solstice Eve. We each had a specific recipient, and for the last five minutes we all offered Reiki to the Earth Mother. This turned out to be so much more powerful than I anticipated. It took almost the first ten minutes for me to be able to focus, the sensations were so strong. For a bit, I felt as if I were floating above the clouds, a pure energy being, and I was so filled with love that I was moved to tears, twice, before I could finally ground myself enough to focus on sending Reiki, but I do know that as soon as the circuit of the ten of us was completed, the Reiki was flowing into me and through me and out of me with a power that really blew my mind.

During my final five minutes during which I sent Reiki to the Earth Mother, I received a message from Her. I visualized the earth from space, and then allowed that visualization to morph into the Millenium Gaia. She smiled at me, and confirmed that She loves our world and all life upon us, but She also explained that She allows all of Her children to find their own way. She said, very clearly: “I have given each of you the lessons you must learn, I have left them for you in plain sight, but **you** must do your part and look for them, you must learn how to “see” them.” I feel strongly that She was also telling me that a part of the lesson is the energy and focus I expend as I search for my own individual learning experiences.

I am more attuned than ever to the Universal All, to the Goddess and God, and to the value of Reiki.

My drive home last night was serenely lovely; I saw the sunset, which was beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing the snow piled up on the trees and along the side of the road. What beauty can be found in the black and white scenery of a late afternoon in Winter, especially when you add the blues and pinks of a sunset and the ivory of the crescent Moon.

This is going to be a very busy day that will require my mind to be clear; I need to finish this evening what little holiday shopping that remains to be done, and I am hoping to feel well enough to attend the Sacred Mists Yule Ritual tonight.

Joyous Yule to all; may the newborn Sun Father light up your life and may the love of the Earth Mother fill your heart!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment