Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Page of Swords/Ace of Wands. Wow, insight and perception will be the words of the day, and there is a potential for some exciting creativity to manifest. This is a bit unexpected because my brain is immersed in a healdcold fog, but perhaps there is hope and the day will not be a total loss.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Cups reversed. “Happiness” reversed today; maybe Uncle Al is advising me to be grateful for my cold, because it will allow me to appreciate pleasure without allowing that pleasure to stagnate me. Let’s hope!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands reversed. Well, it looks like even though things may be filled with effort today, I may finish the day with some sense of accomplishment, as this card is reversed.

Oy, I still feel totally crappy. Headache, sore throat, queasy belly, foggy brain, all on a day that will contain a holiday luncheon. Oh well . . . at least I won’t have to worry about overeating.

I went to the Sacred Mists Yule Ritual last night, and despite the fact that I felt really bad, I enjoyed the ritual. For some reason, this year’s pre-ritual meditation and the ritual itself were whittled down to the most basic components, which was just what I needed. My ability to focus wound not have lasted much longer than the ritual, and right afterward I went to bed. So at least I had a good night’s sleep, even if I still feel crappy.

I have placed a “placeholder” into my Yule workings of the past week; hopefully once this cold ebbs away, I will be able to pick up where I left off on Sunday night, when my throat started getting sore. I did sooooo much preparation for this Sabbat, and there must be a reason why my body is making me pause like this; I am trying to be patient with myself. Oh yes, and I am still going full-steam with my 40-day Reiki project; day 22!

I also have some things that I want to get up on our Pagan Brain Trust website; as soon as my brain begins to function again, I will do that as well.

$

3 comments:

  1. Hey!

    I had to 'lol' with the thought of just *how cool* vultures on headstones would be...lol...

    I appreciate your support concerning my sister ~ it's so heartbreaking that you can't control other people, no?

    Nice backwards sentences today...lol...sorry grammar nazi.

    ;;;;;;;;;

    Feel better ~

    xo

    Vulture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had been there! One of the headstones had a big cross on top of it, and the vulture was sitting on the top of the cross!!! We stopped for about ten minutes, watching them.

    You can't control other people. You are always only responsible for your own choices. Not the choices of others; you can't make themchoose. Belive me, that is one concept that has kept me sane. Relatively. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may try this herbal candy, which is pretty popular in asia~~
    It works well on my sore throat!
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete