Friday, May 1, 2009

Page of Pentacles reversed/Ace of Swords. I might not be making the best use of my organization skills today. I am being told that I am not crossing my “T’s” and dotting my “I’s” and this could impact some situation involving the use of my intellect and my Will. I must not allow myself to be distracted from gathering my resources and making good use of them, and I must remember that I have the power to choose and to mold my life. I must make sure that my choices are both good and just.

My Thoth card for today is Nine of Wands reversed. This card in an upright position acknowledges that change is stability, and that and stability needs change in order to remain healthy. If stability stops changing, it becomes stagnation, and in order to prevent this negative transformation we must be capable and confident enough to attain strength through the maintenance of balance (the kind of strength exhibited within an isometric exercise). This card is reversed, so I am being prevented from maintaining my strength today, and this prevention is happening through a lack of balance. Either I am pushing too hard, or I am not pushing hard enough.

Blessed Beltane! I can understand completely the message of my Tarot cards today. I have been feeling a rapid building of energy within me all week, and than buildup is being augmented by the energies around me. I need to be very cautious, because this energy is not my own energy, called and infused with a specific purpose, it will take the easiest path, which may not be my first choice. That Ace of Swords is telling me that I had better claim and control and direct this energy or I may not be pleased with the outcome of the day. That balance being hinted at in the Nine of Wands is what I should be seeking. Forewarned is forearmed!!

I gave blood last night, as part of my personal Beltane celebration. How fitting is the gift of life on a day that celebrates the union of the Goddess and God in the name of life? After giving blood, I sat and had a glass of juice while I talked to an older gentleman, his wife (who sadly had the blank stare of one suffering from Alzheimer’s) and his wife’s nurse. I was impressed by two things as I talked to this man. One was the obvious love, trust and interaction between him and his wife. He treated his wife with gentle compassion, without an ounce of resentment or sense of unjust burden, and as he spoke to me he would unconsciously take her hand, or gently lay his hand on top of hers. The second was his upbeat, caring and giving nature towards everyone, right from the first moment I saw him. I was filling out the paperwork when this man and the nurse came into the building, and he was smiling and joking right from the beginning. He told me as we sat together after our donations that he comes often, and can measure his blood donations in gallons!

I don’t even know this man’s name, for we never introduced ourselves, but he made such an impression on me! I can still feel the calm and serene yet intense love flowing from this man to his quiet and childlike wife. What a gift these two have been given, and the coolest thing is that they both seemed very aware of what they had. Yes, even the wife, with her blank eyes, would occasionally turn to her husband and put her hand softly on his arm for a moment. He would turn to her with a gentle smile, and place his own hand on top of hers as they experienced some kind of private connection. What an unexpected manifestation of the uncompromising and eternal love the Goddess and God have for each other!! Not what I would have expected at the time of the peak of the energies of new life and fertility that is Beltane!

Finding balance, indeed! There are all kinds of strengths, and not all of them are “in your face.”

$

No comments:

Post a Comment