Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nine of Wands/Queen of Swords. Inner strength, stamina and the will to go on despite bad odds are the thoughts in my conscious mind today. I need to know that challenges, both expected and unexpected, may attempt to stop me in my tracks, but they can only win if I allow them to. I also need to remember that combat is not only the answer; sometimes we can outwait our opponents with equal effectiveness. Whatever actions (or non-actions) that I choose to implement today, I must make my choices only after examining all aspects of a situation. I also need to know that logic is not my only effective tool; sometimes the heart has an equally important message.

My Thoth card for today is . . . tada! The Lovers! “Heed not the Siren-Voice of Sense, or the Phantom-Voice of Reason: rest in Simplicity, and listen to the Silence.” This card is seen as the joining of two complete beings in order to create something new. Crowley sees this card as representing the concept of Sacred Marriage. But the energies of this card also hint at choices, important choices with personal consequences, to be made.

My horoscope: Consider expanding your knowledge of spiritual subjects, dear Sagittarius. Without knowing things about the various avenues open for exploration, how can you make an educated choice? Some need the traditionalism of one type of church while others like the more open feel of other spiritual groups. See how you like different churches and spiritual communities and consider trying a new visit each week for a while. You might really love this experience.

Well, that horoscope is accurate!! Yesterday I officially began a brand new certification class being offered at Sacred Mists: Historical Paganism! This exciting class is being taught by an archaeologist whose studies focus on ancient religious practices, and the first lesson is beginning with ancient pre-Christian spiritual rituals and burial practices. Fascinating stuff!! Trying to see the world and its many mysteries through the eyes of humanity’s ancestors is a very interesting challenge. This course will help me to answer my favorite question: “why?”; I will end up with my own opinions regarding why things are done and how we got to where we are now.

I am still working on increasing my awareness of and connection to my mental/emotional aura. Every time I think of it during the day, I focus on my aura and briefly ascertain its current state. I have found that I can sense it, the entire layer, the same way I can “sense” the shirt that I am wearing (but with a deeper connection; I cannot, after all, change the stiffness or temperature of my shirt through mental focus, at least not yet *wink*). I have also found through exploring this layer of my aura that my personal shield exists totally within this layer. This validates my own belief that my shield has grown stronger and more effective as I continue to learn about it; after all it resides within the energy layer that connects with my emotions, my feelings, my thoughts and my beliefs.

I an learning more and more about my “subtle body,” and the interesting thing is that while my focus may be on one specific aspect of my subtle body, much of what I am learning can cross over into the physical realms and have a real effect on my day.

The meeting with the “tax man” did not go well. We will have to deal with his concept of justice rather than our own. But I am seeing this as a positive thing. We will need to “get down to fighting weight” financially, and be smart about what money we spend. But this challenge in the end can also bring us closer as well as make us more financially sound. I refuse to allow money to “rain on my parade,” for life is good, life is filled with all kinds of pleasures, and overcoming this current challenge will be one of those pleasures.

I was told within meditations that dealing with challenges would be a major part of my current growth segment. I have been reminded continuously, throughout the past months, that I am not alone. I have not become disillusioned; on the contrary, I have come to value beyond price those things that do not depend upon money in order to exist in my life. Without these challenges, I might not have such a deep appreciation for all the wonderful gifts that I have within my life. I am grateful for the opportunity to experience them, for they have brought me pleasures that cannot be bought with any coin.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment