Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Chariot/Seven of Cups. Today will be about my ability to shape my world through the powers of my mind and my will. Unlike The Emperor, who suppresses these kinds of feelings and replaces them with logic and reason, I will find that I am able to balance and direct both my positive feelings and my negative feelings with enough control to keep them both in line. “What I have said shall be done.” And this comes in good time, for there may be some very difficult choices presented to me today, choices that may involve weeding through some emotions in order to determine with clarity the path of the least harm.

My Thoth card for today is the Ace of Wands. This card is described as a “solar-phallic outburst of flame” on one website of Tarot keywords for the Thoth Tarot, and this certainly makes sense to me at this time, as the Sabbat of Litha approaches. This card tells of the presence of the first seed of Fire, not yet manifested yet filled with potential.

More positive ramifications of the class focusing on instant magick that I just finished putting together. I am finding that even though my day has been already sprinkled with several irritations, I have been able to deal with each of them by choosing my reaction. Increased awareness is a good thing!! It prevents those instinctive and often damaging reactions to the irritations and little hurts that present themselves to us on a daily basis.

Today is 5/7/9, a day of odd numbers. How fitting is that!! Odd number are a bit more prickly than even numbers; they are the “ups” and “downs” that separate the “even as the horizon” energies of the even numbers. Within dear Uncle Al’s system called the Naples Arrangement, the number 5 upsets the stability (read “stagnation”) of the number 4; this initiation of motion can sometimes be uncomfortable. The number 7 in the Naples Arrangement is seen as the beginning of the degeneration of the dynamic balance of the number 6 (which to Uncle Al was the perfect number, balanced both vertically and horizontally); through the number 7 we are reminded that change *is* stability. The number 9 is the number of initiation and the third number that offers the concept of completeness or full impact of a Tarot suit (360 degrees, 3 + 6 + 0 =9); the number 9 always reproduces itself (3 x 9 = 27; 2 + 7 = 9), or always bears fruit. Motion which will bring some concept past its peak or pausing point, and which will bring the understanding of some concept that has been in the making for a while. Sounds like it will be an interesting and possibly unsettling day.

I have to finish by saying "Hi, Jim!!" LOL, just in case you are checking my blog out.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment