Tuesday, May 2, 2017

November 24, 2016: My Solar Return and the eternal presence of Deity



Today is my 62nd birthday.  I had a wonderful day; we are visiting dear friends in Murrell’s Inlet, SC   We have spent the last eight Thanksgiving weekends with them, and this is weekend number nine.  These Thanksgiving days are everything a Thanksgiving day should be: lots of loving people, all working together to create a feast, while children play.  As always, we gathered at the table and before diving into the delicious food, we all talked about what we are thankful for.

As I have lived my life and gotten older, I have found that what I value most is loving interaction.  I don’t care so much any more about what I wear or what model car I drive; I like being around people who accept me for who I am, and who are open to being themselves without the need to convert me to any ideal or point of view.  I have family and friends across every political, financial, religious and social beliefs.  I enjoy interacting with each and every one, whether I agree with them or disagree with them, as long as they are also open to who I am and what I believe.  In other words, we need to sometimes agree to disagree, and then continue on with a caring relationship despite that disagreement.  These are the kinds of people that I want around me, and I understand that through the workings of magick, if I put myself out into the world in a loving and ethical and accepting way, that is exactly what I will attract to myself.  We are all spiritual essences living within a physical vehicle, and if I can seek that “sameness” in everyone I meet, I will be able to love and accept everyone.  That is a tall order, but in the end it is part of the Fermentation process.

My Dreams of Gaia card for today is the reversed Queen of Water.  The keywords for this card are loving, compassionate, empathetic, sensitive, vulnerable, romantic, intuitive, and emotional honesty. Upright, this Queen represents someone who cares for those around her, who has an ability to sense just what people need.  She never is deliberately cruel, and she does her best to support those around her.  Her main fault is that she has trouble with boundaries, and often gives too much.  Because my Queen of Water is reversed, I need to be careful that I don’t follow my heart blindly.  I need to allow myself to be wrong, to be vulnerable, even at my own expense, even if I believe someone is not the same as I am.

The words of the Goddess:
 “My daughter,” The Goddess said. “Though many ages have past and lives you have lived, the flow of Priestess still moves within you, and the crescent still glows upon your brow whether you see it or not. This deep inner knowing that moves within you is calling you back home to yourself to resonate with your authentic truth. You have a warrior’s heart and healer’s hands, and a wild, ancient spirit. Never believe you are anything but divine magic.” ~Ara


Deity is within us all; this is my message for today.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment