Wednesday, May 17, 2017

December 14, 2016: Distillation and A Sore Back

 

Things have been busy!  I attended the PBT Solstice Salon this past Saturday evening.  As always, being with this extended group is a healing experience.  I love the fact that the group consists of many varieties of people with various and inspiring lives; we all get together with open minds and open hearts, and we create and strengthen valuable and permanent connections.  

I’ve also been suffering from a sore back, since last weekend.  We had our family holiday party, a formal sit-down dinner for 17, and somehow, this year I threw my lower back out.  Yes, me, “Miss Yoga,” threw her back out.  It has taken a bit of time to finally improve, but after a week caution (and moments of forgetting that my back is tender, and setting myself back a bit), I will finally attempt some very gentle stretches today.  I’m crossing my fingers that I will be able to do this.

I began today to read a bit about the next step in the Great Work, Distillation.  Distillation is defined as the process of purifying a liquid through heating and then cooling.  This process can actually extract volatile components of a mixture.  The process involves heating a liquid, and then collecting the vapors or steam that arise and the cooling the vapors until they become liquid.  A “distillate” is considered a concentrated essence. 

This process is also defined in a less literal sense, as the extraction of essential meaning or most important aspects of something.  Also, the process can be refined to extrude elements with different boiling points.  This means a chemist can extract different ingredients from one mixture, assuming those ingredients have different boiling points.

Alcohol can be produced by distillation, and if alcohol is seen as “spirits” and thus as a correspondence to Spirit, then we could say that Spirit is created by this process.  


My Dreams of Gaia card for today is the Three of Water.  The keywords for this card are satisfaction, pleasure,. Joy, hopefulness, anticipation, attachment, expectation, and disappointment.  This card is seen as a positive affirmation, an assurance that things are going well and success is on its way.  It’s okay to take a moment to look back at what has been already accomplished in order to verify and assure that hard-won foundation is still in place, but I should not look back for too long.  Instead, my eyes should be forward, and I should allow myself to anticipate good things.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment