Wednesday, December 7, 2016

October 13, 2016: Discomfort with social media and politics



My Dreams of Gaia card today is the lovely Six of Air. The keywords for the upright card are solutions, comparisons, compromise, open-mindedness, mindfulness, illumination, epiphany, and personal power.  The Six of Air tells of a solution that is reached through the creation of a compromise that lies somewhere between the extremes of black and white, as is so effectively presented within the lovely image on this card.  Ravynne Phelan is a genius.  The card and its image remind me that while things may appear cut and dry and choices may appear to be only black or white, there are always other important shades of meaning that need to be considered.  Every experience and every choice I have made (and indeed, the experiences and choices of others, too) comes into play today.  I am also reminded by the words in the LWB for this deck that “every choice [I] make in the present will shape [my] future.”

We are only weeks away from our election, and I am very, very disgusted with the entire process.  My beautiful country is being destroyed by politics and by the unconquerable desire to win at any cost.  I am a fact checker; if I see something that interests me (or lately, that horrifies me), I do a bit of research so that I know what is being presented is actually accurate.  These days, the truth is apparently no longer a highly-valued commodity.

As I stated a few days ago, it is so difficult for me to not respond to things I see on social media, to attempt to offer a saner version of what is flying around out there.  But the message of this card is valid and valuable today.  Things are not black or white, and people are not either with me or against me.  Everyone perceives the current news cycle in a personal way.  I firmly believe that whatever emotions or feelings or visions that are circling around and bouncing around in my mind are what I attract to me.  I need, more now than ever, to choose what will come to me by controlling my “now.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment