Sunday, January 4, 2015

1/2/15

The Sun/Seven of Swords reversed. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal. The traditional image on this card usually includes a wall, reminding me that the light is not eternal. The Sun is about direct illumination (rather than the reflected and sometimes distorted illumination of The Moon).  I like that this card is at the top of my spread today, for the light of The Sun shines on the other cards.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Trying to keep things the same is an exercise in futility, and I’m glad that today, the illumination of The Sun will show me better uses of my intellect and Will.

My Thoth cards are The Hanging Man and the Five of Disks (“Worry”). The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  This card tells of destiny, as well as sacrifice and loss, and passive or mystical initiation.  All of these do not have an accidental feel about them at all. Crowley warns us that the suspension brought by this card can either hint that we are waiting for someone else to take charge, or that we are sacrificing for the benefit of others.  Either of those interpretations can either be appropriate or harmful, depending on the situation. The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  This card tells of wandering aimlessly looking for help and not finding it; hmmmm, could this be the source of the suspension of activity of my Hanging Man?  Since the image on the Thoth Five of Disks shows an upside-down pentacle, I may have a hint to the trouble.  Spirit is not the main focus today, and perhaps it should be.  Success is not just measured by material possessions, and material possessions are empty if they are not accompanied by love and passion and spirit.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed, flavored by the Knight of Wands reversed. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  Because my card is reversed, I am being told that perhaps I am not working hard enough to integrate what is over with what is happening now, or with what is to come.  There needs to be a balance between those aspects of life, and if I focus on just one for too long, I will lose that balance.  My Two of Coins is being flavored by the Knight of Wands reversed.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  Often, this Knight is shown riding a proudly prancing horse, and this motion filled with confidence is a good indication of the energy of the card.  My Knight adds passion to my day, but because he is reversed, I need to resist his impulsive nature.  I should be real careful that if I jump into the fight, the fight itself is worth it.  Taken with my reversed Two of Coins, my reversed Knight tells me that balance rather than a swift, strong expression, may be the key of the day.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Today's sweet-talking Moon in Gemini stokes your seventh house of relationships, putting the potential for a new partnership at level red. If the lone-wolf act is getting old and you're ready to become part of a dynamic duo, keep your eyes and ears peeled for a new collaborator. Everyone who comes into your orbit now has something to offer, and your willingness to strike up a conversation with "random" people is what could lead to the discovery of your secret synergies!

And: “The social agitation that has been in your life for the last three weeks is coming to an end. The celestial energy will help you to learn some lessons and prepare for the next cycle. It would be great if you had some success and honors because this would help you confront the upcoming weeks, which will be a time of meditation and feeling a little bit disconnected from the world.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment