Monday, January 12, 2015

1/11/15

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

35, Landscape: Forest (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Forest is about the results over the long term, results which happen because of fertility and nurturing and patience; Forest represents the manifestation of age and wisdom and patience, connections (and results) that are not openly apparent but rather, like roots under the ground, are all around us.  Different energies can work together; a Forest is proof of that.

40, Elemental: Gnome (North).  Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes.  The Gnome is about hard work, strength and patience; Gnome is the guardian of the Earth who meets each responsibility fully and completely; he may appear serious, but he is capable of some mischief.  And woe is the person who damages what he guards! 

20, Elemental: Salamander (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Salamander is also intense in personality, but this one is about consumption of fuel, and the changes and transformations that happen through consumption of fuel.  The changes presented by Salamander are more transmutation than transformation or metamorphosis.  Salamanders are actually known for putting out fires!  This is because they consume all fuel and then the flames themselves.  They are true experts, and know just how to handle Fire and its tricky nature.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is nicely balanced, and pleasing to look at.  The Gnomes fit well with the Forest (which makes perfect sense, as they could belong together), and Salamander loops into a small part of the Forest and into the Gnomes’ hats, adding a Fiery essence to the Earth.  I am being reminded that my world is connected, and it is my responsibility to nurture those connections.  I am also allowed to make use of them personally, but only in a balanced way, so that I don’t take more than I give.  I am also being reminded that the consumption of fuel brings a potent form of transformation, and oh boy, do I need that reminder today.  It has been a very cold week, and intense cold makes me want to wrap up in a blanket and read a book.  Not a very productive attitude.  My Salamanders are telling me that perhaps I need to create a bit of my own heat.  Okay!  I can do that. 

Today I attended part 1 of another Advanced Yoga Intensive, this one dealing with movement disorders, and since I have a Yoga client with cerebral palsy, this Intensive is going to be quite gratifying.  Today I learned about Parkinson’s Disease, which in many ways is similar to the “palsies.”  I learne about what focuses are appropriate for those dealing with these kinds of movement disorders, and what focuses could be not as effective.  Next week we look at multiple sclerosis, which will deal with another side of the movement disorder category.  Awesome!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment