Friday, January 23, 2015

1/21/15

King of Pentacles/Three of Wands.  The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the clever expert on managing resources, maintaining energy, and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, and he is reminding me that I need to appreciate the talents and abilities of those around me, for they have the potential to bring benefit to all.  This might be a good day to make certain that everything in my physical world is in place, so I can benefit myself and everyone around me.  The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities ready to be manifested.  These two cards together tell of an exciting day, filled with new ideas that are ready to manifest.

My Thoth cards are the Princess of Swords and the Five of Swords (“Defeat”) reversed.  The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Uncle Al sees this Princess as being a bit on the stern side, alert and looking in all directions.  She is trying hard to get things done, though; she may not be the Queen yet, but she is clever, she is knowledgeable, and she is aiming high.  I do need to be open and honest, though, if I plan on accessing her energies.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others; in other words, being on the receiving end of that insistence that one way is the right way.  My card is reversed, but that does not ease the situation significantly.  Things don’t need to go my way all the time; I need to remember that.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Four of Swords.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career. He is reversed, and that can be a danger, as his intensity could border on malice or unreliability, or both.  My reversed Knight is being flavored by the Four of Swords.  Yep, makes sense.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  Often it is necessary to take a moment to absorb what has happened thus far, and this card offers that pause.  The truce represented by the Four of Swords does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice and through a balance of power.  After all, the truce is “supported” by Swords, the suit of the intellect.  These two cards are giving me a clear message: don’t do or say anything today that might get me in trouble.  Just relax, wait until tomorrow.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Say what? Tact isn't a Sag specialty, and today, as messenger Mercury turns retrograde in Aquarius and your third house of communication, there's no telling what might spill out of your mouth. Of course you mean no offense, but once words are spoken (or emailed or tweeted), you can't take them back. This might be a better time to stay home and work on personal projects, like updating your social network profile, looking up old friends or plunging into a writing project.

And: “There is a great deal of grounding energy in your world today which might be working to smother your fire. Whatever happens, don't let the embers burn out. One of the great assets you bring to the group is a strong dynamism that is required to give people the courage to change. Be a fighter in the ring. Remember that at the end of the day, you need only be satisfied with the performance of one person: yourself.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment