Monday, January 26, 2015

1/26/15

Knight of Swords reversed/Three of Wands. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career. He is reversed today, and oh boy, he needs a mommy or a monitor.  Sounds like communications may not be kind today, and I had better make sure those cutting remarks don’t come from my mouth. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities ready to be manifested.  Perhaps with this energy I can take that sarcasm and turn it around into enthusiasm.  I love the energy of the Three of Wands, it is filled with possibility.  Even a frown can be turned upside down.

My Thoth cards are the Six of Disks (“Gain”) reversed and the Six of Swords (“Science”).  Two reversed Sixes, and not much balance today, eh? The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. This card shows us what happens when we don’t let the apparent failure of the Five of Disks hold us back. Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  The Thoth Six of Disks offers a brief reward for our efforts, and a glimpse of a possible end result that will bring success.  My card is reversed today, and I wonder if events will distract me from my goal and cause me to lose sight of what I’m working toward.  Resources are important, and the most important ones are the ones I don’t have.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card; it is my favorite of the Thoth Tarot because discovering why things work is how I learn and grow and heal.  This Six is also reversed, and again I get the feeling that distractions might attempt to draw me away from something important.  Forewarned is forearmed, but at the end of the day, I need to know that I’ve been able to make the best of the warnings I’ve been given.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Coins reversed, flavored by the Ten of Coins reversed. The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  This card represents the seed of something that could be great; this could be money or fertile condiions that could bring success, and considering the Swords cards I have today, and the other cards, there is danger, yes, but there is also opportunity.  I am being told there is potential to be had in the physical world, but today I just might miss the mark, and the potential.  My reversed Ace is being flavored by another reversed Coins card, the Ten of Coins reversed.  The beginning of the suit of Coins and the end of the suit of Coins, both reversed. The Ten of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents the attainment of physical world wealth and bounty, usually achieved through the implementation of long-term plans, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  The negative side of this card (yes, there is a negative side) is that if we pause too long to look at all the pretties, lethargy will take over, and all those good Coins will turn into a burden rather than a foundation, all ready to be used for new stuff.  My reversed Ten is flavoring my reversed Ace, and perhaps the message here is that I should not worry about beginnings and endings in the physical world.  Today, my focus should be elsewhere than the Earthly plane.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Pull out the spreadsheet! Your analytical mind is in overdrive, thanks to the Moon in Taurus, your efficient 6th house. This is a day to whip through your to-do list, Archer. Taking care of mundane and practical matters, like cleaning and filing, actually gives you a leg up in the long run. But don't tackle that de-cluttering project alone. Get support from an assistant or service provider. In your shared mission to get things running smoothly, you'll feel an even greater sense of satisfaction. Hello, organization!

And: “Take care of your home base today, both physically and emotionally. See that your bills are paid, and that your bedroom is picked up. Don't forget to clean out the dirt from under your bed, and the demons from inside your mind. Realize that you might be running on someone else's operating disk that got stuck in your hard drive. Make sure you replace it with your own system disk before you continue on.

Today the area is in a tizzy because of a supposed blizzard, named the Blizzard of 2015.  Thus far, this “record-breaking storm” is fizzling.  Yes, everyone is saying that the storm will peak overnight.  But so far we have received about 3 inches, and it is not snowing right now.  The question on my mind is, is it snowmageddon?  Or is it 6 inches?  I guess I will find out tomorrow morning.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment