Friday, January 23, 2015

1/19/15

Ace of Pentacles reversed/Three of Pentacles. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world. Aces are powerful cards, but because my Ace is reversed, the potential presenting itself won’t work too well in the physical world.  The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  The Llewellyn Welsh card also tells of skills, making use of talents, and finding comfort in humble work.  And maybe my Ace of Pentacles is reversed because of the energy of this Three, after all, the Three cards are the first actual manifestation of the suit.  No more potential; it is being used.

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Swords (“Futility”) reversed, and The Moon. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Because this card is reversed, any effort to maintain things as they are might be well-spent and prudent. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card tells of falsehood and illusion, deception and chaos, and the Dark Night of Soul, and about magick and mystery. The Moon also tells of being either drawn to or susceptible to the effects of these things (and their manifestation can either be helpful or harmful).  The way forward may not seem clear to me today, and that could be because the way forward is not properly illuminated.  I should remember that fear can distort things even more; the light may be dim but sometimes the more subtle messages can be perceived this way.  Don’t be afraid of the dark, and if things seem uncertain, choose the prudent path.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by The High Priestess reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority; today I might need that staying power.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by The High Priestess reversed.  Another Watery Major Arcana in a reversed position!  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in this pair), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; when upright, she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis.  She is reversed today, and once again I am being told to be careful and aware of my surroundings.  I might not catch some of the hidden messages today; between my reversed High Priestess and my reversed Moon, I’m not going to trust much of my own judgment.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the 6.

My horoscopes: “Today's edgy alignment of combative Mars and passive Neptune could have you looking for the exits. Let's just say that this Monday, Archer, you won't suffer fools lightly. Your tolerance for stupidity--which is never exactly high--is hovering at approximately zero. So if you're feeling irritated or claustrophobic, don't feel like you have to stick it out. Find or create some personal space, whether that means converting the spare bedroom into your office or renting shared studio space in town.

And: “An attractive neighbor with whom you seem to share a bond could become a friend. A group that you might be affiliated with could be expressing highly idealized goals and purposes. These goals are likely to be admirable, but they may not be all that realistic. Bear that in mind before committing to any kind of solid course of action. More facts need to be learned before you can proceed.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment