Saturday, January 17, 2015

1/15/15

Four of Cups/Seven of Pentacles. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) reminds us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives, and the “cloud” that pleasure can create might end up distracting me from the things I need to accomplish. Yep, enjoying the pleasure can be a good thing but in the end it will cause lethargy, and lethargy is my enemy.  The Seven of Pentacles (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. This card has a heaviness to it, as the number 7 tells of a pause and the suit of Pentacles is mainly secure and still.  I should remember that while looking before leaping can be good advice, not being willing to step away from pleasurable situations is not good.  The kapha in me wants to let things ride, but I know that is not a good idea.

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Disks (“Gain”) and the Six of Swords (“Science”). The Nine of Disks (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  This card literally purrs with satisfaction, telling us that we should feel great satisfaction because of our accomplishments, which have occurred due to our own focus and discipline. There is an expectation of gain associated with this card that might be more than physical-world or financial gain; after all, satisfaction of a job well-done brings on other good expectations.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card because discovering why things work is how I learn and grow and heal.  Looks like the learning I should accomplish today may be about the physical world.

My Legacy card is The Fool, flavored by the Knight of Coins reversed. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes.  He is also the archetype of the Holy Child, above, beyond and before petty squabbles, evil intent, and pessimistic expectations, and if I can look to The Fool for solutions, I won’t linger long in the darkness of despair.  I should look at the world with child-like excitement and optimism today.  My Fool is being flavored by the Knight of Coins reversed, and this makes sense. The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  Caution and focused persistence don’t mix well with our Fool, and my reversed Knight is encouraging The Fool to rule the day.  Look out, world!!  Here I come!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Time to hole up with the Travel Channel? Today the Moon in Scorpio, your 12th house of rest, forms a tricky square with expansive Jupiter in Leo, making you feel simultaneously fatigued and frisky. You want adventure, but horizon broadening might not be in the cards, at least today. You're low energy, so pushing your limits is ill-advised (even if it seems like a good idea at the time). It's okay to sit this one out, Sagittarius. An acute case of #FOMO is worth risking every now and then.”

And: “You will find that you can soar to great heights today on a moment's notice. There is a fast-paced, socially minded quality to the day that will encourage people to share more of themselves with others. You will find a great deal of support from many different people at this time. Welcome this help with open arms. Don't try to do things by yourself when you are surrounded by such a strong team spirit”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment