Wednesday, December 31, 2014

12/31/14

The Star reversed/Queen of Pentacles. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Tzaddi, fishhook; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also reminds us that things will turn out okay in the end.  The Star reminds us to have faith (and this card is indeed the embodiment of faith), for while it may seem to be the darkest night, the dawn is just beyond the horizon, and it is in the dark sky that Stars can really shine. The Star also tells of the gift of life and harmony to the soul and to the body.  My card is reversed today, and even reversed this is not necessarily a bad card.  Perhaps the night will seem a bit darker and the dawn seems a bit further away, but the sun will rise again. The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her through her visualizations.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, she understands the philosophies behind building and healing and nurturing, and she is able to find beauty in all experiences.  Our Queen represents Water of Earth, and represents a time when emotions support the senses (or counteract them, if the card is reversed).  Today I will have a nice, comfy and quiet awareness of the energies of my physical world.  Nice way to wait for that Star to turn upright. 

My Thoth cards are the Six of Disks (“Success”) reversed and the Knight of Swords. The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. This card shows us what happens when we don’t let the apparent failure of the Five of Disks hold us back. Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  Because my card is reversed, I’m not quite there, and I need to pay attention to resources, particularly the things I don’t have but may very well need. In the Thoth Tarot, the Knights are the Kings. The Knight/King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations. He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy, and he can be trusted to fiercely stand by his decisions.  I think I am being told that today I should trust my judgment, even if it looks as if things aren’t going my way right now.  In the end, acting as if I’ve already achieved my goal might make it happen.

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands reversed, flavored by the Knight of Cups reversed. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, and about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This card in an upright position is not telling us that the job is done; rather it is telling us that we’ve done some good work so far, enough that we should take a moment to celebrate our accomplishments and solidify our foundation before moving forward once more.  I am not at that point, and perhaps considering the time of year (New Year’s Eve), I am being told that things are cycling back to the beginning, and I need to start over. My reversed Four of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Knight of Cups. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  When upright, this Knight appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly. He is reversed, though, and perhaps I need to take a “chill pill” as far as emotions and feelings are concerned, and aim for balance rather than extremes.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Calling social director Sag! We know you're happy to step up to the plate for the team. With the Moon in practical Taurus and your sixth house of project management, ditch the current plan if it isn't inspiring anyone (including the person who thought of it), put on your party-planning hat and start researching. Keep it simple, though, by picking one perfect place where everyone will be happy. Since the sixth house also rules service, consider putting in a volunteer shift somewhere before you head out.

And: “You have a promising day ahead. Finally, you'll advance by leaps and bounds with whatever needs to be done. Whatever has been causing the delays will likely be revealed today. You return to the skill and professionalism you so value after several weeks of halting progress. Don't tolerate any violations of your professional ethics, either now or in the future.

Today is the last day of calendar year 2014, and it has been a heck of a year!  I end this year with a lot more serenity and a lot less fog than I had when it began.

Happy New Year!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment