Thursday, December 18, 2014

12/18/14

King of Wands reversed/King of Cups reversed.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) in an upright position is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  When upright, he reminds me that I do have the skills to make things happen and the Will to direct those skills, and I should trust in those skills, and act with confidence.  Because my King is reversed, material success may outshine any attempts toward achieving the highesd good for all, and I need to remember that.  The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King of Cups is also reversed, and envy of the accomplishments of others is never productive.  Neither is being overly defensive. 

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Swords (“Cruelty”) and the Queen of Wands reversed.  .  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and the poison created by this agony can kill every positive opportunity that comes my way today.  I can’t allow myself to be haunted by the past; those kinds of focuses will be detrimental in every case.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  She is kind of a self-made woman, with her sense of humor intact.  She just might be reversed because of any obsession with what I should have done; hind sight is always 20/20, but the issues are over and done with, so they should be released. 

My Legacy card is The Emperor reversed, flavored by the Eight of Cups reversed.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress, an important task.  The Emperor says that the best way to make the day have a happy ending is to follow the rules, get things done on time, and encourage others to do the same, and he does his best to guide and protect others so they may do so.  This is all well and good, but because my Emperor is reversed, being the big gorilla in the room could end up only causing uncomfortable conflict.  I need to ask myself “what is the responsible thing to do?”  My reversed Emperor is being flavored today by the reversed Eight of Cups.   The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Sounds like the inability to release the things that no longer serve me is unhealthy.  One interpretation of the reversed Eight of Cups is that it presents the kind of timid behavior that attracts predators; perhaps that is the message of these two reversed cards: be careful; you are acting like prey.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to preserve for a bit longer the harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “As the Moon lumbers through introspective Scorpio and your sleepy 12th house, it'll take superhuman effort just to stay awake. But no need to apologize for skipping tonight's pre-holiday cocktail hour, Archer. If what you really want is solitude and the ability to work quietly on your own, just do it! When la luna moves into your sign and your excitable first house tomorrow evening, you'll be the belle of the ball once again. So get your disco nap in now!

And: “Today is going to be a great day for you. You are not one to embrace rules, constraints or restrictions of any type, preferring instead to reside in a fantasy world where no limitations apply. Have you considered that it is possible for you to join the rest of us here on Earth and still retain your liberty and ideals?

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment