Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12/15/14

Nine of Cups reversed/The Hanging Man reversed.  The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about getting what you wished for, but it reminds us that we need to be detailed in our visualizations if we want to receive exactly what we are wishing for. Because my card is reversed, perhaps all the happiness and commonalities are not working for me.  A bit of diversity makes things more interesting, at least occasionally.  The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  This card tells of initiation and destiny, as well as sacrifice and loss, but the interesting thing here is that in many situations, the face of the Hanging Man is not distorted by pain or suffering, as we would expect.  Instead he is serene, as if he was experiencing a quiet epiphany.  This card has a “wait and see” feel about it, or maybe a fatalistic acceptance of what presents itself.  The key to The Hanging Man’s evolution is his ability to see without expectations, and without including the input of his body or his physical world.  But this is not always easy to accomplish.  I love the reversed keywords for the Llewellyn Welsh Hanging Man reversed: not knowing when it is wise to surrender, missing the point of a lesson, martyr to an unworthy cause, and my favorite, blind shoots that do not flower.  All that effort to not expend effort, and all in vane. 

My Thoth cards are The Hanging Man reversed (again!) and the Eight of Cups (“Indolence”).  The Thoth Haging Man in an upright postion tells of sacrifice and loss, often done for the benefit of others (sometimes the sacrifice is even forced on us), or of non-action chosen because of fear of a negative outcome.  But not choosing an action is still a choice, and since my card is reversed here too, I won’t feel forced to sacrifice in order to benefit others, and I won’t pause because I’m afraid of what is going to happen.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Sounds like the perfect response to a situation that is forcing me to make sacrifices to benefit others, sacrifices that I don’t want to make: just walk away!

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins, flavored by the Seven of Wands.  The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  Sometimes this card can indicate an inability to balance personal issues with professional issues, but because my Five of Coins is reversed, I should find light in unlooked-for places, and any physical-world losses that present themselves just might not be bad at all.  We can’t appreciate the good things unless we experience a few challenges, en? My Five of Coins is being flavored by the Seven of Wands, which explains a lot.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright position reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end.  The Legacy Seven of Wands has a personal message to me whether upright or reversed: a test is coming.  Perhaps the way to pass the test is to rise above physical-world discomforts and turn lemons into lemonade.  Lots of sacrifice and surrender happening in my cards today (even though many of those uncomfortable cards are reversed).  Truly, there is much to be learned from experiencing discomfort.

My horoscopes: “Cha-ching! With revolutionary Uranus in a tense square to transformational Pluto in your financial zone, it's time to shake up your moneymaking strategy. It's not in your nature to stick to a budget, but that's the best way to get a handle on how much is coming in and going out. How can you earn more and save more? Think about it, because this is the pathway to reaching your fiscal goals. Just try not to talk about money with others today. Casual conversations could easily escalate into arguments

And: “Today's planetary configurations indicate that this would be a good moment to get rid of everything that is still holding you back from an impending rebirth. One stumbling block for you may be the impulse that you seem to have to blend with others. Don't forget that you are an individual. This is not something to be overcome, rather it should be celebrated!

So I just realized that my loooooong Second Saturn Return is finally coming to an end.  When I was born, Saturn was in the sign of Scorpio.  On October 5, 2012, Saturn entered Scorpio for the second time since I was born, heralding my Second Saturn Return.  For many long months, I have been dealing with the growth of the effects of Saturn as that planet approached the anniversary of my birth, as well as the approach of the other planets that had been in my Seventh House along with Saturn on the day I was born (and that would include the Moon, Venus and Mercury, all in Scorpio, and the Sun, of course in Saggitarius, just barely).  This time of that conglomeration of those energies has been intense (as Saturn Returns tend to be), but these past few months everything has been easing.  So, good news that Saturn passes out of Scorpio?  You would think, eh?  But no.  Not necessarily.

You see, my sun sign is Saggitarius, and guess where Saturn is going?  Yep.  Saggitarius.  And Saturn will be there until December 2017!! 

Just to add a bit of icing on this troublesome cake, Saturn will go retro in 2015 (from June 14th to September 17th), during which it will dip back into Scorpio.  And then firmly root itself into my sun sign for a loooooong time.  **sigh**

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment