Monday, December 8, 2014

12/8/14

The Tower/The Magician reversed. The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  The destruction caused by The Tower is actually clearing away the old and expired, so new growth can begin, but it might not be fun to experience.  The Tower also shows us what can happen if we cement ourselves into our beliefs.  I love what Oswald Wirth says about The Tower in his book, Tarot of the Magicians: “[The Tower] . . . is less a temple, a house of God, than a sacred building of a body mistakenly identified with God.”  In the end, I need not fear this adjustment because it is for my higher good.  And if I keep my eyes open, I just might be able to do some minor adjusting on my own, thus lessening the effect of this “reset” even at the 11th hour. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation), he is offering me another way of viewing The Horned One and The Emperor, and even my reversed Hierophant.  The skills of The Magician were gifted to me after a particulary harrowing experience, but The Magician showing up reversed tells me that today is not an able-to-work-within-the-physical-world-to-my-own-benefit kind of day, and if I lean on these skills, the adjustment suggested by The Tower just might be a bit violent.

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Wands (“Valor”) and the Two of Wands (“Dominion”) reversed. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright positin reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end, because I just might be experiencing a test of some kind.  And I may not be able to rely on anything but my own courage and fortitude in order to survive. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  When upright, this is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority; because it is reversed, I need to rely on more than just my own Will when I make choices.  Still, the reversed Two of Wands can also tell of unexpected Aha! Moments, the kind that we can’t control but we can still be awed by.a

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups, flavored by the Eight of Cups reversed. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about getting what you wished for, but it reminds us that we need to be detailed in our visualizations if we want to receive exactly what we are wishing for.  It is interesting that both The Tower and the Nine of Cups are here in my card throw today.  Again, I am being reminded that I need to be aware of what I’m doing and what effects I’m manifesting.  My Nine of Cups is being flavored by the reversed Eight of Cups. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  The upright Eight of Cups tells of a reluctance to release and move on, but because it is reversed, I will be able to easily release any emotional baggage and end up feeling happy at the end of the day.  Okay, that bodes well for the end result of my violent adjustment.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs when growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually requiring a choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “Trip to Bali? An expansive course in metaphysics? A philosophical novel? Chances are you've been considering a wide range of life-changing possibilities since July, when horizon-broadening Jupiter entered Leo, your adventurous ninth house. Today the planet of good fortune turns retrograde in this same opportunity-loving sector of your chart, prompting you to slow down on these plans. Over the next four months, take time to consider which of these glittering avenues will bring you maximum happiness. Liberation—a signature need for your sign—is afoot, but be prudent about how you get there. Cautiously follow that yellow brick road, Sagittarius… and the world becomes your home.

And: “You might wake up this morning and look at your home and decide it's a total wreck. The desire to spend the day cleaning and sprucing up your house might prove almost obsessive. Do what you have to do, but don't get so caught up in minor little spots and blots that you forget about the greater picture! Whatever you do today, view it within its proper perspective. The world won't end if your house isn't flawlessly clean!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment