Sunday, December 14, 2014

12/11/14

Ten of Swords reversed/Page of Cups. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The futility, interference, and mental agony of the previous cards have manifested as a total breakdown of the thinkig process. The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back, a perfect example of overkill!  My Ten is reversed, and the message is obvious: don’t feel sorry for yourself, and don’t give up! The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys. This Page is Earth of Water, and thus all about feelings and sensations, particularly pleasant feelings and sensations. That kind of optimism and belief that everyone has good intentions might be nice to immerse myself in today.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Wands reversed and Aeon/Judgement. Another reversed Ten!  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  This card can also tell of a passion that has taken a life of its own and then gotten out of control or taken over.  Without checks and balances to keep things under control, this is what happens! Thankfully it is reversed, and I should be able to modify my methods.  Or maybe even totally reinvent them.  Aeon/Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  Crowley sees it as representing a final step that ends an issue of the past and at the same time brings us forward.  His definition reminds us of the profound relief to be achieved if we truly release that which no longer serves us, and if we balance out what we owe with what we have. 

My Legacy card is the King of Wands, flavored by the Page of Coins. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) in an upright position is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  He reminds me that I do have the skills to make things happen and the Will to direct those skills, and I should trust in those skills, and act with confidence. My King of Wands is being flavored by the Page of Coins. The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. This Page loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also can see the big picture in an optimistic way.  He is reminding me today that much can be accomplished in the physical world, but I needt o be willing to try new things, and I need to accept that I might need to work my way up the ranks in order to achieve my goals.  Together, these cards present some great authority and ability to manifest hard-earned skills, as well as a bit of humbleness and an understanding that I am never done with the learning process.  Nice

My 6-digit date number is 10, the ending of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Grab that passport! Voice your grandest dreams—and then roll the dice, as the Moon in Leo, your adventurous ninth house, forms a supportive trine to communicator Mercury in Sagittarius, your identity-driven first house. Speaking out about your most cherished goals acts like a magical potion, giving you the optimism and confidence needed to take that grand leap, whether a life-changing overseas trip, an entrepreneurial venture or heading back to the Ivory Tower for an advanced degree. Risks are your friend, Sagittarius!

And: “Climactic events are apt to pop up in your life It is time to condense and solidify your grand schemes and bright ideas in such a way that makes them more practical. Things may be spinning so fast that you aren't quite sure where to jump on. Worry about this later. For now, what you need to do is express your ideas forcefully and succinctly. Doors will open wide.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment