Friday, December 5, 2014

12/1/14

Seven of Wands reversed/The Hierophant reversed.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright positin reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end, because I just might be experiencing a test of some kind.  Because my Seven is reversed, my reaction to a test just might be to turn away.  The test will come no matter what, but perhaps I can face it better tomorrow.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony, and conforming to the rules and traditions with the aim of presenting the highest good of the group.  There is duty to be found in this card, as well as morality, and a suggestion that tradition should not be accepted blindly.  There could be some misuse of tradition today, or perhaps an avoidance of it.  With these two cards showing up reversed, perhaps the avoidance might be the right reaction.

My Thoth cards are the Knight of Disks and the Prince of Cups.  The Knights of the Thoth Tarot are actually the Kings.  The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, but he focuses a lot on the business end of things.  My Knight/King is reminding me that I need to manage my resources and meet my commitments, and he is also reminding me that I need to have personal discipline as well.  Timely reminder after a fattening Thanksgiving weekend. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Prince appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly. This makes sense when you consider that within the Thoth Tarot, he represents Air of Water.  The message here is that I tend to respond deeply to life’s events, and that intensity will have an effect on my day.  Perhaps my Knight of Disks will act as an appropriate leader for my Prince of Cups, and between the two of them, there might be balance.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed, flavored by Faith/The Hierophant reversed.  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, and it is reversed, so those things won’t serve me well today.  I might be beter off allowing someone else to make the choices, and be a good follower rather than a good leader.  The Legacy Faith card presents a more universal spiritual concept than the traditional Hierophant (hence its name), as well as the more traditional rituals, dogma, orthodoxy, initiation, and levels of attainment within a spiritual practice.  Again, these things are not effective tools for me today, and since both of my reversed Hierophants are paired with reversed Wands cards, enthusiasm and passion in general might be more destructive than constructive.  Perhaps a quiet day with an inner focus?

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of manifestation or effect. 

My horoscopes: “Keep your magic grounded in the practical today, Archer! Even as you aim your arrows toward the heavens, keep your feet planted on terra firma. With astrological opposites Saturn and Mars connected in your houses of fantasy and pragmatism, you'll get cosmic support in balancing those two realms. Pay your bills, schedule next week's appointments, and clear out your mailboxes, but do not—repeat, do not—spend the whole day in work mode. A day of unstructured playtime will do wonders for your soul.

And: “A small spark in a dry field is apt to whip the hill into flames. A raging wildfire is likely to be underway by the end of the day. Know that you are one of the biggest perpetrators of this action, but don't feel bad about it. Fire may be seen as a thing of destruction, but know that it is actually quite a necessary part of nature. Clearing out brush and offering a fresh new place for new growth to flourish is an important part in the cycle of nature.

My latest column is up on PaganPages.org; here is a link: http://paganpages.org/content/2014/12/tarot-talk-47/

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment