Friday, November 28, 2014

11/28/14

The Magician/Ace of Wands. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation), he is offering me another way of viewing The Horned One and The Emperor, and even my reversed Hierophant.  The skills of The Magician were gifted to me after a particulary harrowing experience, so having this card appear is empowering, in an able-to-work-within-the-physical-world-to-my-own-benefit kind of way. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Lots of Fiery energy here, or at least lots of potential for that Fiery energy to manifest, handy for overcoming the physical inertia of the day after Thanksgiving.  These two are powerful, because the passion and enthusiasm and pleasure of the Ace of Wands are all the things that The Magician is looking to experience.

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Disks reversed and the Seven of Wands (“Valor”). Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Disks (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world, and perhaps the physical world is where I can have the most impact today.  Crowley calls this card the root of the element of Earth, and thus it tells of all possibilities within that element, from the very best to the very worst, and since my Ace is reversed, I’m thinking that I won’t see much potential in the Earthy world today.  Too much fertilizer can be a danger. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end, because I just might be experiencing a test of some kind.  I love comparing this Seven to the Seven of Swords; such a difference between the two cards.  These two, the Ace and the Seven, kind of mirror the first two cards, eh?

My Legacy card is the Ten of Coins, flavored by The Empress.  Oooooh, niiiice! The Ten of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents the attainment of physical world wealth and bounty, usually achieved through the implementation of long-term plans, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  The negative side of this card (yes, there is a negative side) is that if we pause too long to look at all the pretties, lethargy will take over, and all those good Coins will turn into a burden rather than a foundation, all ready to be used for new stuff.  Looks like I will be able to overcome my food coma today, and I already have been thinking about my many blessings and what I can create with them.  My Ten of Coins is being flavored with my Significator card, The Empress.  How is that for a big finish!! The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is not stern and analystical.  On the contrary, she is able to enjoy the pleasures of Nature and of her own body, and she is able to create a pleasing environment for all.  Ha!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate reaction to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to preserve for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Witty, much? With the Moon in Aquarius, your communicative third house, you're on fire--and funny--making you in demand at parties or hanging out with pals. Yet as much as you want to engage with folks on an intellectual level, you can't escape a nagging feeling that something ain't right. The subtle disruption is courtesy of stern Saturn in Scorpio, your subconscious 12th house, forming a harsh square to la luna. Perhaps an old issue needs attention (and not the kind you can give via side-splitting banter). Instead of letting the undercurrent ruin your night, give yourself some solo time to process, figuring out what the emotional baggage is—and then giving it the heave ho.

And: “Peace and harmony is the regularly scheduled program for the day, but there is a good chance that this signal might be intercepted by a warring force with strong opinions and vindictive tendencies. Hold on to your hat, Nanci, and make sure you have your actions well aligned with your soul, or else you are apt to be thrown into the fire of a battle that has nothing to do with you.

 I can't believe I'm 60 years old.  I don't feel that old at all!  One change in me: I am thinking about the fact that this life is probably more than halfway over.  Barring accidents or devastating illnesses, I could have another 40 years to live, but when I think about how quickly the last 60 years have gone, I realize that is actually not that long.  I'm not being morbid here, however, I am renewing my vow to live in the now, and to truly experience every moment whether joyful or uncomfortable (and find a benefit, no matter what). 

This morning, as I sit here in a food coma after yesterday's Thanksgiving feast, I am grateful that my loved ones and I are able to create the lavish meal we had yesterday.  I am grateful that this morning I am able to sit with my coffee and remember the joys of the last few days. 

Our human world is transitioning, filled with people who are looking to coming changes with excitement (and yes, maybe a little fear of the unknown), and people who are devoting all their resources toward maintaining what we have now.  Of course, we "woo-woo" people know that clinging to what we have without allowing evolution will be a recipe for disaster. 

We are alive at such an exciting time, a time filled with the wonders of technology and the potentials for integrating that technology into a spiritually fulfilling life!  As this personally pivotal week comes to an end, I am turning my gaze forward, to the unknown that is tomorrow.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment