Tuesday, November 18, 2014

11/18/14

Five of Swords/Six of Pentacles reversed. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others; in other words, being on the receiving end of that insistence that one way is the right way.  The thwarting of the plans of others is on the table today, and if this is the action I’m going to take, I need to be darned sure that I’m not acting the tyrant. The Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position.  I read the upright Six of Pentacles as telling me that resources will be available to me, and that I will be able to share those resources with others and experience fulfillment from that sharing.  Since my card is reversed, there will be some kind of frustration today dealing with resources.  No wonder that Five of Swords wants to do things his way; careful!

My Thoth cards are the Eight of Cups (“Indolence”) reversed and the Seven of Swords (“Futility”). The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  Crowley’s keyword, Indolence, tells of a reluctance to release and move on, and here is the danger of this card. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Oh boy, these two cards together are a recipe for disaster.  Since I also have the Five of Swords today, I might be better off just going back to bed. 

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Ace of Coins. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  And oh boy, I don’t think I need this Knight today; I’ve already got an imbalance of Swords cards.  My Knight of Swords is being flavored by the Ace of Coins. The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  This card represents the seed of something that could be great; this could be money or fertile condiions that could bring success, and considering the Swords cards I have today, and the other cards, there is danger, yes, but there is also opportunity.  I am being told there is potential to be had in the physical world, and I need to find a balance between forcing change for my own purposes and maintaining the status quo, again for my own purposes.  I need to overcome my fear of releasing the theings that need to be released, and I really do need to keep an eye on resources.  Okay.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as growthslows and degeneration approaches, usually involving a choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “It's a day for endings, Archer, but even if they're not happy, they're essential so that you can move on with your life. Today's meetup of taskmaster Saturn and the Sun in your 12th house of closure helps you end a relationship or behavior that's not working anymore. Goodbyes aren't easy, especially when you have emotional attachments, but you need to get rid of the old to make room for the new. Afterward, you'll be able to start off again with a fresh perspective and clear conscience.

And: “Try not to think too much about what is "supposed" to happen next. The truth of the matter is that things don't necessarily work out the way they are planned, so don't count on something that has no guarantee of ever coming to fruition. Stick to your own way of doing things and try not to get too hung up on the results. The key now is to enjoy the process.

There are moments, tiny moments, that make your eyes shine and your soul leap within itself and the world slightly shimmers for a second. Extend those seconds into a lifetime of awareness.  Those words are by Alison Brown, a blogger at Times New Romantic.  This is good advice.  No matter what challenges may present themselves to us during our day, there is beauty to be found.  I must always look for the day’s beauty.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment