Wednesday, November 19, 2014

11/19/14

Eight of Wands reversed/The Hermit.  Okay, that’s a clear message!  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong and sudden, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result should be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and because it is reversed, I might find that things are not happening in a fast or sudden way.  While the energies of the upright Eight of Wands are not sourced from people (the traditional image of this card does not have any people on it; one of the few Minors without people in the image), perhaps I am being told that I am better off working with effects that I have caused, rather than just riding the wave of whatever effects are flowing by. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  The Hermit tells us that in order to release the past and achieve something of value, the work must be done internally, usually involving solitude to the point of discomfort, and with an outward mantle of “business as usual.”  Like The High Priestess, he deals with hidden or not obvious knowledge, however The Hermit understands that his knowledge is insignificant when compared to what he does not know.  He also acknowledges that the maintenance of his solitude requires Will power.  I should be able to focus inward today.  This is the time for such focus, the quiet and dark between Samhain and Yule.  Going into this kind of focus with the understanding that in actuality I know very little, will help me to be open to any messages that come my way.

My Thoth cards are the Princess of Swords reversed and The Empress.  Wow!  Another clear message!  . The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  Uncle Al sees this Princess as being a bit on the stern side.  My Princess is reversed, and her stern analysis won’t be of use.  If we look at my other Thoth card, we can see why. The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is not stern and analystical.  On the contrary, she is able to enjoy the pleasures of Nature and of her own body, and she is able to create a pleasing environment for all.

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins reversed, flavored by the Ace of Cups reversed.  The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  Sometimes this card can indicate an inability to balance personal issues with professional issues, but because my Five of Coins is reversed, I should find light in unlooked-for places, and any physical-world losses that present themselves just might not be bad at all.  My Five of Coins is being flavored by the Ace of Cups reversed.   Upright, the Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace is reversed, however, and that could be indicating some kind of inner attunement that is experiencing a moment of discord.  That reversed Five of Coins is reminding me that emotional potential can be found even in the physical world, and shutting out the potential of this Ace because I fear the interactions is not productive at all.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony of the 6.

My horoscopes: “Guess who's coming to dinner! Um, everyone? Today expansive Jupiter in your global-adventure zone aligns with the Moon in party sign Libra in your "the more, the merrier" 11th house. More than ever, you'll enjoy the spontaneous, unpredictable energy of flying by the seat of your pants and meeting scintillating strangers. Every conversation holds the potential for new friendships, business collaborations and possibly more. When it comes to work, there's no need to be bound by geography. New connections are just clicks away!

And: “If you find that there is tension in a close relationship, you may be getting the feeling that this is not the right partner for you. Don't automatically assume that the problem lies within your partner. Difficult situations involving the need for love and affection are likely to emerge, regardless of the situation you are in or the company you keep. Instead of running off to the next person in line, stick with the one you are with, and take the time to work things out.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment