Friday, November 7, 2014

11/7/14

The High Priestess reversed/Six of Swords. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in my spread today), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; rather she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis. However, today is going to be more about reality, and in the end solidifying that reality can act as preparation for the next opportunity to perceive the Mysteries.  A good connection to reality could prevent a tendency to become enthralled by those Mysteries. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  I love this card because discovering why things work is how I learn and grow and heal.

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Cups and the Seven of Disks (“Failure”) reversed. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Prince appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly. This makes sense when you consider that within the Thoth Tarot, he represents Air of Water.   I need to remember that he could be a source of negative feelings today; danger. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  Failure can happen due to a lack of success, but it can also happen due to non-performance; the Golden Dawn name for this card in an upright position is the Lord of Success Unfulfilled.  Crowley saw this one as representing bad money; ugh.  My card is reversed, and thankfully rhat indicates lethargy and sloth and frustrations with others may be there but they won’t get a good hold of me.

My Legacy card is the Three of Wands reversed, flavored by the Queen of Cups. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  My card is reversed, and enthusiasm and to-do lists might not work well today.  My reversed Three of Wands is being flavored by the Queen of Cups. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is comfortable with her own feelings and visions (whatever they are), and she is comfortable dealing with the feelings of others (whether serene or uncomfortable) without losing her own serenity.  She is chaste, not necessarily sexually chaste, but rather she is able to resist indulging in effects that might harm herself or others.  Because she is flavoring my reversed Three of Wands, I might be better off pausing today and tapping into my Inner Voice, rather than creating lists or attracting cohorts. 

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement which upsets stability in order to prevent stagnation.

My horoscopes: “Olive branches and truth arrows are your negotiating tools today, Sagittarius. With solemn Saturn in your 12th house of closure opposing the emotional Moon, you might want to forgive and forget—but you can't if you're not ready. Take another look at the situation. The last thing you want to do is sidestep a genuine problem that needs proper resolution, and this is where truth telling comes in. Just be sure to lace it with compassion, so that even if you have to part ways, you'll have a clear conscience.

And: “You might find yourself having to play nursemaid today. A love partner may claim to be feeling unwell, and you therefore might turn a lot of your energies toward trying to make your friend feel better. Don't overdo it, however. There may be psychological factors at work here. Your friend may be jealous of all the attention you've been giving family, friends, etc., at this time. Be nice and attentive - within limitations!

I stumbled upon a great speaker yesterday, a comedian actually, named Tim Minchin.  He seems to be a realist, and despite his protests, a spiritual person.  At least according to my definition of spiritual person.  Within his talk about American fundamentalists and their tendency to not accept science as valid, he said something that really resonates with me:  “Science adjusts its views based on what is observed.  Faith is the denial of observations so that belief can be preserved.”  I agree with that, 100%.  Perhaps this holds true for me because I believe scientific knowledge is sacred knowledge, as it is knowledge regarding the physical world and our planet, both sacred in my eyes. 

I have always had trouble accepting statements that need blind faith in order to accept, particularly statements that contradict accepted scientific principles.  Does that mean I don’t believe in Deity?  No.  However, I do believe that my personal sacred interactions are not things that are meant to be measured by physical-world measuring devices.  If that measurement were possible, I would probably not access it.  I also believe that my own experiences with the manifestations of the Essences of Deity do not require that I deny scientific proof in order to exist. 

I love when I find people like this man, who challenge me and make me think!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment