Sunday, November 16, 2014

11/16/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

2, Weather: Wind (East).   East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Wind brings chaos and unpredictability; a stiff breeze can disrupt order, or it can clear away the cobwebs of stagnation.  What we need to remember is that we can’t control the effects of the Wind, only deal with them.  Sometimes we are rewarded for bravely accepting the effects of Wind, by receiving inspiration.

45, Mars (Above). Mars is about drive and energy and passion; it is also about striving to do things our own way, about conquest, power and aggression.  Mars can bring sexual tension, often infused with domination or submission, as well as fiery tempers.  Since Mars is connected to the element of Fire, all the traits of this planet can bring transformation.

28, Guide: Frog (West). Water is emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same; its dignities are cold/binds and wet/adapts.  Water is necessary for Frog to exist and thrive.  Frog tells of fertility and creativity, and Frog also represents the amazing transformations that occur during a lifetime.  We need to grow and adapt to the situations that present themselves, and Frog is an expert at this!  Frog has a permeable skin, so this card is also associated with healing and empathy and healing, and with partnerships.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  I get he impression of lots of chaotic, outward, emanating motion, with Frog just sitting there with an “I-just-ate-the-bug” smile on its face.  This week it looks like my cards are offering a simple message: ride the wave and expect benefits.  I think Frog is also reminding me that the transformation does not begin when the wind gusts; rather the time leading up to that wind gust causes the gust itself, and the time after the gust is when we perceive manifestations and effects.  This is a life-long process, which in the end is a good thing, because corrections are easier to make.  How is that for a bit of optimism?

I took a nice, quiet walk at Point Park today.  It was overcast, and the weekend has been chilly, so there were not many people there.  Although I saw many, many hawks while standing in the bread line yesterday morning, I did not see one raptor.  I saw a lovely great egret, who stayed where he was, posing for me, for a while.  I saw a pair of gorgeous red-bellied woodpeckers, startling them as I walked along the deserted path.  I saw three malek mergansers in one of the ponds; they are such adorable ducks.  I was surprised to read that they are carnivores, and regularly eat small fish.  I saw a beautiful great blue heron, fishing quietly.  I saw aonther bird that I can’t identify; it had distinct white wing bars and eye stripes, lighter chest.  The closest I can come is an immature robbing.  Oh well, he was pretty, sitting at the top of a tree, watching me go by.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment