Monday, November 10, 2014

11/10/14

Queen of Swords reversed/Four of Wands. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  Since my Queen is reversed, I need to keep my eyes out for greed, jealousy or abuse of power, for those things will be in play.  I should try not to be the catalyst for them.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, and about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This card is not telling me that the job is done; rather it is telling me that I’ve done some good work so far, enough that I should take a moment to celebrate my accomplishments and solidify my foundation before moving forward once more.  I should also remember that others may be interested in enjoying the fun.  I guess these two cards together are telling me to celebrate with optimism, but be careful that I don’t allow my success to go to my head, eh?

My Thoth cards are the Four of Swords (“Truce”) and the Two of Wands (“Dominion”) reversed.  4 must be the number of the day, eh? The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation used to prepare for challenges to come.  Often it is necessary to take a moment to absorb what has happened thus far, and this card offers that pause.  The truce represented by the Four of Swords does not happen due to weakness, but rather through conscious choice and through a balance of power. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, and it is reversed.  This makes sense, as my reversed Two is paired with that Four of Swords, which tells of a balance of power rather than authority.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Four of Swords reversed.  Bookends! The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career.  My Knight is reversed today, and again I am being told that this is not the day for me to stand up alone for what I personally believe.  My reversed Knight is being flavored by my Bookends card, the Four of Swords.  The Legacy Four of Swords tells of a resting of the mind, and because this time my Four of Swords is reversed, the mind will not rest quietly today.  Instead, the mind will be actively gathering and analyzing information.  Because my reversed Four of Swords is flavoring my reversed Knight of Swords, I sense an imbalance of mental workings; too much thinking and not enough grounding into reality.

More about my Bookends card, the Four of Swords.  Four an Air card, this one is very grounded.  The number 4 is about depth and stability and the Suit of Swords is about the intellect and the workings of the mind; hence the stillness offered by the Four of Swords.  In the midst of turmoil or danger, this quiet center is quite valuable.  This card is known as “measuring intelligence,” and it reminds us that we must paues in order to absorb and understand what is happening.  Reversed, the Four of Swords can tell of unsettled legal conditions or lack of harmony with partners, but it can also tell of a time when mutual deterrence is not necessary.  This means that depending on the situation, the upright card can be good and the reversed card difficult, or the reverse may hold true.   

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Time to go deep. As a Sagittarius, you can oftentimes gloss over your negative feelings in an effort to keep an upbeat tempo. However, as the Moon in your intense eighth house forms a sweet angle to communicative Mercury today, you'll be able to let yourself succumb to those profound feelings without fear that you'll lose your bearings. Believe it or not, you won't downward spiral if you allow yourself to really process some past hurts. In fact, this is the only way to transform them.

And: “This is a day made for fun and frivolity, not one in which you are likely to get much of your chores done. Try as you might to focus on the task at hand, everywhere you turn there are distractions. Your e-mail pen pals could be sending you jokes and notes, and your friends could be bugging you to join them for an outing of some sort. You may as well give in.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment