Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11/24/14

Two of Swords reversed/Six of Wands reversed. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position  represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  A bit of disconnect from the world can be helpful, but not today.  Today I should instead strive to connect with others, maybe enjoy some intellectually stimulating conversations with like minded (or not like-minded) individuals, rather than clamming up.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. Since my card is reversed, I could experience some sense of not succeeding, or maybe of not receiving the recognition I feel I deserve.  Looks like my first intention will be to shut out the world, but that cannot be allowed to happen for more than a moment or two.

My Thoth cards are the Prince of Cups reversed and The Star reversed. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Prince appears calm to others, but inwardly he feels things strongly. This makes sense when you consider that within the Thoth Tarot, he represents Air of Water.  The message here is that I tend to respond deeply to life’s events, but today those emotional responses might tend toward melancholy or depression.  Today is my 60th Solar Return, so that could be likely.  Age is just a number! The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Tzaddi, fishhook; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also reminds us that things will turn out okay in the end.  The Star reminds us to have faith, for while it may seem to be the darkest night, the dawn is just beyond the horizon, and it is in the dark sky that Stars can really shine.  Even though my reversed Star hints at some disappoiontments (probably emotional ones, with that reversed Prince of Cups), I should not let them weigh me down for more than a moment or two.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by The Fool. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The futility, interference, and mental agony of the previous cards have manifested as a total breakdown of the thinkig process. The traditional image on this one is of a body laying on its stomach, with ten Swords sticking up out of his back, a perfect example of overkill!  I need to remember that circumstances may not be under my control, but my reactions to them are under my control.  My Ten of Swords, a card of self-pity and capitulation, is being flavored by the most fertile of the Majors, The Fool. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes.  He is also the archetype of the Holy Child, above, beyond and before petty squabbles, evil intent, and pessimistic expectations, and if I can look to The Fool for solutions, I won’t linger long in the darkness of despair.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Look who's money-minded! With the Moon in Capricorn moving through your security-focused second house, practical matters come to the fore. Prioritize your day, first tackling the project that will yield the most tangible (and possibly lucrative) results. Today, you'll get ahead not because you know so-and-so, but because you're placing extra value on your bottom line. Check out your bank account and budget. Is it time to nix your daily, pricey mocha cafe latte? Small tweaks to your routine can have big effect down the line. Buckle down, Sagittarius.

And: “If you have been stamping the ground with impatience, waiting for the moment to jump into new adventures with renewed vigor after your meditation during the last few months, know that the moment has almost arrived! You now have the strategy, objective and means at your disposal to succeed. Just a bit more work remains to be done. Gather your strength and get ready for action!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment