Saturday, January 5, 2013


Nine of Wands reversed/Ace of Cups. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us to prepare for the worst, but to wait before being aggressive.  My Nine of Wands is reversed, so today will be more about trust, friendship, and believing the best, both about myself and those around me. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  These two together give me a nice, optimistic feeling; looks like this is a good day to look at my feelings, and my inner self.

My Thoth card is the Four of Swords reversed. “Truce” is the keyword for this one.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, a time of silence and isolation, and a time of being cut off from the world, yet still remaining alert.  But today is not to be about isolation, and I don’t think this means physical isolation because this is a Swords card, and is telling me about my mind and my intellect.  Stuff may be happening, things may be ramping up, and this card taken along with the others I’ve thrown today tells me that if I look at things openly and without preformed expectations, I might learn something interesting.

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man, flavored by the Ace of Wands reversed. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this one presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into play, but my Ace is reversed (and has appeared for the second day in a row), so that potential may not work with whatever else is happening today.  I also have another Ace, the Ace of Cups, which is upright, so I am thinking that emotions and feelings and my inner landscape may have more value than passion.  My reversed Ace of Wands is flavoring my Hanging Man, and in a way it is reinforcing the message of that Major Arcana card.  Wait.  Watch.  Allow things to happen as they will.  Surrender to what comes.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of position and potential.

My horoscopes: “Stay grounded and focused today, Sagittarius, You can accomplish a lot if you set your mind to it. You may sense a blurry cloud lingering - this is your emotion talking. Amid all the goal-oriented pursuits, mental processes, and work-related issues, you have given short shrift to your feelings. It's OK to cry. Recognize that emotions are an important part of you. They deserve your attention.

And: “Rest and solitude are going to seem very attractive right now. Visitors who come to your home might expect a sympathetic ear and perhaps a favor or two, and you won't feel much like giving them what they want. They've had a rough few days, but so have you, and you're probably just going to want to stay home and rest. However, give them a little of your time and energy. You might regret it later if you don't.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Wands.  This card is about sentinels and guardians, and about having the courage to keep watch when night comes and darkness hides all, as well as at noon, when the sun illuminates my surroundings.  Vigilance!  Be prepared!

I am just back from a lovely walk on the beach.  Today, I was looking for some treasures to send to a friend of mine who has several children, who lives in the middle of the country.  I did well!  Everything needed to be on the small size, and there was plenty to choose from.  I have a few jingle shells, a few moon shells, a few scallops, one small angel wing, one small razor clam, two pieces of coral, and the best treasure of all, a lovely piece of red sea glass.  My first piece of true red sea glass, and this one is a beauty.  I will round out the package with a few more pieces of sea glass, and some fossilized coral. 

Now, it is twilight and the sun has dropped below the horizon.  My night will be quiet; no television, just some nice music and a few lit candles, and the warmth of the fireplace.  I love the serenity and peace I am experiencing right now. Hopefully, I can get some things accomplished over the next 36 hours.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment