Saturday, January 12, 2013


Ace of Wands reversed/Five of Wands reversed.  Well, there’s a clear message! The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Since my Ace is reversed, I might not be in the mood to grasp this potential and take it to the next step today.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes.  These struggles often end up being growing pains, but since my Five of Wands is also reversed, it sounds like the day is going to be very serene, bordering on passive.  No zing, no annoyance, but no growth or expansion either.  Maybe a day of rest?

My Thoth card is The Magus reversed.  LOL, how is that for verification?! The Magus/Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician in an upright position is another card of action, of making use of the tools at our disposal and doing our work with the blessing and support of our “Friends in high places.”  But my Magician is reversed, so communications may go awry, communications of all kinds, not just verbal ones, and ethics just might get blurred a bit. 

My Legacy card is The Sun reversed, flavored by The Emperor.  LOL, a theme!! The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and in an upright position tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal. My Sun card is reversed, and thus I am being told that the ordeal is still ongoing.  Yep, I know this.  And what am I to do to encourage movement, which does not appear to be happening in my spread today?  The advice of the cards is found in the card that is flavoring my reversed Sun: The Emperor. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence and authority.  The Emperor is reminding me that even a pause in the action may require a bit of structure today, and any ordeals will need to be addressed “by the book,” through already proven methods.  Anarchy cannot be allowed to get a toehold today!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate and planned response to the beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Today you could doubt the amount of money you might get from a business transaction. If you can, verify this before starting anything. You aren't being told something. Personal relationships, particularly love and romance, should be stable and rewarding now, although today you may not have much time to spend with those you care about. Hang in there.

And: “Today is your day, and you can do no wrong. You should enjoy a good mood for the majority of the time and you should not feel guilty about spending a bit of extra money at the mall. Declare game night at your house and invite your best friends over and have them bring their favorite games. In short, have fun today in whatever you do. There is absolutely no reason not to.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  This lovely card reminds me that traditions and tried-and-true methods have benefits; employing them over the long term can bring affluence, security, and a lasting, beneficial position on which we can begin building once again.

I started my day off with a great Yoga class.  LOL, lots of forward folds, so the backs of my thighs will be sore tomorrow, but I will be able to stretch them out, no problem. 

After submitting my Third Degree Lesson 7 yesterday (yay, me!), I was drawn to do a meditation last night.  I thought I was going to go to the Astral Altar, but instead ended up standing in the dark, and before me was the edge of a broad chasm; I assumed it was deep because even where I was standing (not too close), I felt cold damp air billowing towards me.  I instantly recognized where I was, and sure enough, the stone bridge from the Mines of Moria materialized before me, arching up and across the wide opening.  I looked around, but saw no balrog, thankfully; however when I looked at the bridge again, a figure was standing in the middle of the slender, curved bridge, at the highest part of the arch.  At first, he appeared like a fuzzy Gandalf, but then my vision cleared, and I realized that standing on the bridge was the General, a spirit guide who worked with me when I first started my Third Degree Training.  He stood there calmly, holding a sword, point down onto the stone of the bridge, with both hands leaning on the handle.  The sword handle was silver and wrapped in black hide, but the double-edged blade was incredible!  From my vantage point, it looked like it was made of obsidian! 

I waved both arms in greeting, and shouted, “Hey!  How are ya?!”  My voice echoed repeatedly, gradually fading.  I sidled veeeeery carefully as close as I was able to get to the edge (which was not very close actually; I have a huge fear of heights, or in this case, depths), and smiled broadly, but the General did not move. 

Again, I carefully moved even closer to where the stone bridge met the near edge of the chasm.  I could almost reach my foot to the bridge, and silently congratulated myself on my courage.  I even leaned forward so I could look past the edge of the chasm and downward.  Mmmmm, yup, it was deep; I took a breath and tried to ease the huge knot in my belly, and then looked back at the General.  And he spoke.

“You shall not pass!”  His voice, deep and strong and filled with the authority of Gandalf, echoed, and faded.  What???

“You must be joking!” I shouted back.  And that is when he smiled, an open-mouthed grin, and shook his head. No, he was not joking, and it appeared that he was enjoying this.

He resumed his solemn stance, and then once again said, “You shall not pass!” His voice echoing into the dark, and then all was silent. 

So, here was the test that Danu promised.  But what was the question?  I looked around again, but the darkness pretty much hid my surroundings.  Dark cave, deep chasm, flat stone ground, ceiling barely visible, no other sounds or smells or entities or effects.  There was nothing that hinted at a question or a task or a quest, and I looked back at the General.  “What is the test?”  I asked him. 

“If I need to tell you, you are not ready.”  Damn.  This one is going to be tough.  I stood there for a while, glaring at the General, and he returned my gaze calmly.  Mexican standoff; gradually, the meditation ended.  And I still don’t know what the test is.

Patience!

Finally, I would like to welcome to this life Rosemarie Rayne, born last evening to my dear friend Katie and her family at 10:57 pm, weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces, and measuring 18.5 inches in length.  Merry Meet, Rosemarie!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment