Thursday, January 17, 2013


Three of Wands reversed/Eight of Pentacles. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position tells of the excitement of seeking out uncharted areas with an optimism that says that no matter what happens, it will be good.   My Three of Wands is reversed, so today will not be a day of forging out into the unknown or expanding my horizons.  The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) is about taking care of details, working hard, and studying or learning new things, all with an eye on the end result. This card seems to be validating the reversed Three of Wands, telling me to be careful and to solidify my current foundation.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for actually getting out there, but today is not.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Cups reversed. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding. The Knight of Cups in an upright position responds deeply to life, and dreams big dreams.  However, my Knight is reversed today, and I need to be aware that manifesting my own feelings without considering the feelings of others might also manifest a hurtful insensitivity to the feelings of others.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Ten of Swords. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations as well as our emotions and feelings, and the messages of our senses.  My Page is reversed today, and I will need to know that my ability to analyze may be flawed.  Paranoia might be valid, but it could also be in my mind only. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  This Ten is flavoring my reversed Page; since they are both Swords cards, I need to have a care today or I could end up creating some uncomfortable situations. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Today you might try to put computers or other forms of advanced technology to work for you, Sagittarius. This could be of great benefit to you. You might be blown away by the advantages of it. Your mind should be quick enough to grasp any new software or equipment that you will want to use. The innovation could also help raise your earning power. Isn't technology wonderful?

And: “Energy that is stored up inside you is begging to be released today. Do your physical and mental bodies a favor by getting outside and doing some brisk cardiovascular exercise. You will find that you have a great deal of emotion to burn off and today is the perfect day to do it. Take this opportunity to give your system the jump-start it needs to get on a healthy exercise track again.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Star.  The energies of this card are lovely.  No sun, no moon; only the velvety night sky and the stars.  The figure on the Shadowscapes Star card dances the dance of hope, and in doing her dance she becomes a physical world symbol of hope.  The Star is about hope and optimism, but it is also about finding that still, dark place within our core where we can heal and prepare to greet the dawn with new vigor.

I spent yesterday doing a huge purge and cull in my magickal room.  I got rid of three garbage bags of stuff that I no longer use, or that does not apply to me any more.  I put some of my beginner Wicca books into a box and stored the box, so that I have more room in my magickal Bookcase of Shadows.  The room feels a lot lighter, and so do I. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment