Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Page of Wands reversed/King of Pentacles reversed. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of the spark that could create a mighty flame, if there is enough kindling and air to feed it.  My Page of Wands is reversed, and I could be dealing with a bit of lethargy, or perhaps a lack of curiosity or need to find answers. The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on the physical world, on physical world resources, and on physical manifestation.  In an upright position, he is reliable, predictable and knowledgeable, but my King is reversed, and so there is danger of being distracted from steady progress.  Quality is more important than quantity, even though today, it may seem otherwise.  And one good tool for counteracting lethargy is a good, solid routine. 

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups reversed.  “Luxury” is Uncle Al’s keyword for the upright Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody), which tells us that too much pleasure deadens the senses.  Thankfully my card is reversed, perhaps satisfaction can happen without that deadening of the senses. 

My Legacy card is the King of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Wands reversed.  Hmmm . . . all reversed cards today, and two reversed Kings! The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) in an upright position is a good judge of people and situations.  He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy.  But my King is reversed, so today, leadership positions or even positions that require enforcement might not work for me.  My reversed King is being flavored by the reversed Seven of Wands. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright position reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on.  My reversed Seven is actually reinforcing my reversed King; after all, my Seven is telling me that an actively defensive attitude might not work.  Sounds like I had better back off a bit.

Since I threw all reversed cards, I threw a clarification card.  I threw the Page of Wands, also reversed!  LOL looks like my spread for today begins and ends with this card.  Upright, this card tells of courage and creativity, confidence and enthusiasm.  This Page thrives on the unexpected, but it sure looks like I won’t be too agile in that regard today.  So, I will let my day play out by the book, and I won’t take too many chances. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, which tells of the completion of a cycle; it can be further reduced to 1, the number of unity, possibility, and position.

My horoscopes: “If you own property, you might discover that its value has increased far beyond anything you dreamed of, Sagittarius. This might involve real estate, but it could also involve other resources like stocks, bonds, or family heirlooms. What you choose to do with this information is up to you, but you will probably decide to hang on to what you have. It's just nice to know it's valuable.

And: “You won't need to take your morning vitamins today! You are already full of energy. Think Hercules about to take on the gods on Mount Olympus! People will thrive on your energy. Some of them might even try to pump up their energy to your level. But be careful not to get tangled up in your emotions.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Pentacles.  Such a pretty image for a card with such a powerful warning!  Being careful is one thing, but reaching the point of seeing thieves in every shadow is another.  This kind of extreme possessiveness can be a prison in and of itself, and we need to release control in order to be truly rich and blessed. 

The last few days have been busy for me.  I work for my husband, and we are busy.  LOL, that is a good thing!  I am moving along with my Third Degree Lesson 8; I am hoping to get the second exercise done this weekend.  Then I will type it up, and probably allow both exercises to sit a bit to see if anything else develops.  Only once I am sure I’ve wrung everything I can out of these exercises will I write the essay that goes along with this homework assignment. 

I have heard that Yoga Teacher Training will be starting in March, and I think I am going to sign up.  Becoming certified as a Yoga teacher will help my Thai Bodywork immensely.  The studio where I will be training focuses on therapeutic uses for Yoga, which is perfect.  I’ve been going there for classes for a while now, and I like the vibes.

All in all, I feel good, and LOL, that is a good thing, eh?

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment