Friday, January 18, 2013


Page of Swords/Eight of Pentacles reversed. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) was in my reading yesterday, but in a reversed position.  Upright, this Page tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze situations as well as our emotions and feelings, and the messages of our senses.  My Page also reminds me that things could be hidden, and I need to use my powers of analysis and logic to perceive those hidden things. The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) was also in my spread yesterday, but in an upright position.  Reversed, this one is not so much about taking care of details, working hard, and studying or learning new things, as much as it is telling of a lack of drive or focus.  This card in a reversed position could also be not only validating the Page of Swords but also expanding on the message of that Page.  Don’t look at the details, look at the big picture!

My Thoth card is The Emperor.  Aaah yes, the archetype of the Father! The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence and authority. This card is not about having fun, rather it is about keeping our nose to the grindstone so we can bring order to our world, and acting as an example to others.  After all, this is the only way for The Emperor to remain effective as an emperor.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Coins reversed, flavored by the Knight of Swords. The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) in an upright position is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  However, my Queen is reversed, so this effort to sustain within the physical world could end up bringing a focus on the materialistic, and an effort to attain perfection even when perfection is not beneficial. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  My Knight could very well be supporting my reversed Queen of Coins, and not in a good way.  Yes, he is assured and confident, but he also strives mightily to bring about his own version of perfection.  I don’t know what would be worse: these two having the same definition of perfection, or these two having opposing definitions of perfection.  Earth of Earth and Fire of Air could be a recipe for disaster.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that tells of movement that dispels stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “New, exciting opportunities to earn more money might come your way today, Sagittarius perhaps through new fields. Colleagues could bring information. Your sense of adventure is high, so risks might seem more attractive than usual. Don't get carried away. Don't forget to explore every possibility in detail before committing to anything. Nothing is certain, even on days like today.

And: “Come out and play today. Explode out of work mode and have fun. Drive to someplace new and take a long walk outside with friends. You have a great deal of energy to add to the group, so feel free to share your enthusiasm with others. There is an exciting buzz in the air that you should connect with and contribute to. Take a break from the mundane and explore something new.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Five of Wands.  The Shadowscapes Tarot interpretation of this card is a good one.  It tells us that yes, the energies around us are careening around and bumping into each other, but these moments of confusion could be beneficial to us.  We could use the chaos to fuel our own purposes, or we could use the chaos as a distraction so we can melt into the forest and disappear.

I just received notification that my Lesson 7 of my Third Degree Training is well done, and I may move on to Lesson 8.  Lesson 8 is about the Shadow, and oh boy this one is going to be interesting.  I’ve already gotten hints; “You shall not pass!”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment