Friday, January 25, 2013


Two of Wands reversed/Five of Swords. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  My card is reversed, however, and especially when considering the other card in this pair, it is giving me a warning.  Today I had better pull back and look carefully before taking any action.  I should especially not rely on any analysis or logic, because they may end up manifesting harm of some kind. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  This card is showing me, in no uncertain terms, just what might happen if I allow my own personal power to have free reign.  Instead of thinking of my own needs (as I may want to do today) I should pull back and think about what other options could work better, and work towards those.

My Thoth card is the Two of Swords.  “Peace” is Crowley’s keyword for this one. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  Crowley sees this card as a bit more positive than some decks, hence the keyword; however, as always, he offers a warning too.  Deception may be afoot, so while it is okay to pause for a bit, I should not close my eyes as well.

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands reversed, flavored by the King of Wands. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established.  Because my Four of Wands is reversed, perhaps today I will be more likely to see burdens and difficulties rather than results.  But the card is there, even if it is reversed. My Four of Wands is being flavored by a good card, the King of Wands.. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is quite resourceful, and up to the challenge of reversing that Four of Wands because he is good at setting goals and then making them happen.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the possibility of the number 1, and the balance, polarity and “distance between” of the number 2. Potential + energy created by tension between opposites = creation!

My horoscopes: “The planetary configuration makes you likely to reap the benefits of all your hard work, Sagittarius. The little windfall you receive is nice, to be sure, but don't think of all of it as fun money. Put a good amount aside in a savings or investment account. You can use the rest to kick up your heels a bit. Why not invite a friend to dinner at the nicest restaurant in town?

And: “There might be some tasks you're anxious to take care of today, but you might have to spend some time waiting for certain information before you can actually get them done. This might make you feel antsy, but don't panic. The information will come and you'll be able to proceed in a timely manner. This might involve a short trip to make a delivery. Your efforts won't go unnoticed. Hang in there!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  This one shows up a lot for me with this deck.  This Page is a great disciple or student as she loves learning, but her best role is as a catalyst for change in the physical world.  She is holding the key out to me; I have only to accept it!

Today I leave for a weekend visit with friends who I haven’t seen in a while.  I will be spending the weekend in Harrisburg, PA.  This is going to be a “sit up late and talk” kind of weekend, and I am looking forward to a change in the routine. 

But before I go, here is a bit about our next number, the number 4!  So far, we’ve only talked about two dimensions, or surface; powerful stuff, yes.  After all, 1, 2 and 3 represent Source/Unity, balance/polarity, and manifestation.  Within my study of Wicca and of spirituality I have found these concepts in many places.  Just the other night, my Yoga teacher mentioned the Trimuti of Brahma (creation), Vishnu (maintenance) and Shiva (destruction/transformation), one of many representations of the cycle of creation, balance and harmony, and transformation.  Now, we move onward to a third dimension that brings us depth and volume.  The number 4 is the first number that is created by the combination of two equals, 2 + 2 = 4, or 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4.  This is why the square is associated with justice; it is created by equals.

The cool thing is that the number 4 also brings into play the very Platonic solids that are tickling my brain.  They cannot exist as physically manifested objects without the number 4 and the concept of depth. 

The first solid that can be constructed at this point, is the tetrahedron.  The tetrahedron has four sides, and each side has three points; this shape occurs frequently in organic chemistry, and in submicroscopic structures.  The diamond, our world’s hardest naturally occurring material, is constructed at the microscopic level of a tetrahedral network of carbon atoms. 

The shapes most commonly associated with the number 4 are the square and the cube, both created through a 4-sided shape.  Indeed, we strive to get a “square deal” that is “fair and square,” we eat “square meals,” we face problems “squarely” and if necessary, go back to “square one” in order to solve them.  Like the tetrahedron, the square is associated with reliability, fairness, firmness and solidity. 

We have 4 cardinal directions, and the winds, each individually named, blow from those 4 directions.  There are 4 basic elements, Earth, Water, Air and Fire.  Many cities are laid out in 4-sided grids, and even the baseball diamond is actually a square standing on its points.

Cool stuff, eh?  Next we will talk a bit more about the Platonic solids, in a general way.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment