Monday, December 31, 2012


Page of Wands/Page of Pentacles reversed. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is the spark that might end up creating a conflagration, and this Fire will most likely be internally focused.  This Page is probably the most mature of the four Pages, probably because he knows what he knows, and he knows how to use it.  The Page of Wands has a good balance between the mind and the heart, and he is good at dealing with subterfuge and secrets.  The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) in an upright position is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner.  My Page is reversed, and this seems to be increasing the power of the Page of Wands.  Good way to get things done on this last day of the year, but I do need to be careful that I don’t get too ungrounded.

My Thoth card is the Six of Disks.  “Success” The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, or a lack thereof.  Crowley tends to like all the 6 cards in the Minors, but still sees this card as being a bit heavy; he names it “Success,” and that title could be a burden to live up to.  Since my Six of Disks is reversed, I may be dealing with a lack of balance between need and resources today, and if that lack of balance does not appear to be there, I will need to keep reminding myself that any apparent balance may be quite fragile, or even an illusion.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups reversed, flavored by the Three of Coins reversed.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun).  Because my Seven of Cups is reversed, my choices today might be a bit more realistic.  The Three of Coins (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork; often it shows us the master at work.  However, my Three of Coins is reversed; perhaps today will be more about solitary efforts?  Perhaps my Three, which is flavoring y Seven of Coins, is reversed because while my efforts may be solitary right now, they may have effects upon the group in the future.  Glad that Seven of Cups is reversed.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle (appropriate!), which reduces further to 1, the number of position, potential, and distance between.

My horoscopes: “You may have a tendency to be overprotective of the people closest to you, especially children. You may feel you live in a dangerous world in which people don't care about responsibility to one another. But the people you're trying to protect are probably better prepared and adapted to the world than you think, Sagittarius. They might try to tell you this even if your support is indispensable.

And: “Remember that you are put on this Earth to have fun, and that happiness is your true destiny. Keep this in mind today, as forces may tend to pull you off track from the fun you've been having. There is likely to be a sobering tone to the day that is stubbornly working to rain on your parade. Recognize the need for structure and stability, but don't let it bring you down.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups.  This is a card of dancing and singing and celebrating, of sharing our own joy and happiness with those we care about.  Friendship and companionship and emotional connections . . . great things to focus on, this New Year’s Eve!

Today is New Year’s Eve, another day of winding up and ending so that a fresh, new beginning can happen.  I am spending most of the daylight hours finishing up whatever I can.  No loose ends laying about!

I performed a meditation this afternoon, at the Ancient Altar.  I received a huge “Cosmic Download,” and my Patroness, Danu, told me to prepare for a test.  Normally I would be saying uh oh, but this does make sense to me.  After all, a test cannot come unless lessons have been presented, studied, absorbed, and made a part of the practice of my Craft.  I am just about at a place where I would expect a test.  **deep, calming breath**

This evening, we are having dinner with friends.  What a wonderful way to transition from 2012 to 2013!

And I am almost to 20,000 visits to my blog.  2013 is going to be a wonderful and exciting year!

Happy New Year!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment