Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Page of Cups/The Hermit. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); this is a card of soft and tender energies.  This Page tells me that even if others judge me as being soft, I still need to be compassionate and tender and loving.  I need to also listen to my own Inner Voice, and accept its validity. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning.  Looks like I am being told that the best way to tap into and understand my emotions and feelings and my Inner Voice is to remove myself from the distractions and comforts of mundane life. 

My Thoth card is the Ace of Cups reversed. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position would tell of the potential for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  My Ace of Cups is reversed, and despite the presence of the Page of Cups above, I need to have a care for I could be dealing with an emotional blockage, or even an emotional derailment.  I need to take my time, and be careful.

My Legacy card is the Two of Coins reversed, flavored by the King of Wands reversed. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, and I need to do the same.  I may not be so good at juggling the events of the day, though, so I should not depend on that skill. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) in an upright position is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  Because my King of Wands is reversed, today holds a danger of bringing bigotry, cruelty, or even brutality.  Since my reversed King is flavoring my reversed Two, I should perhaps be extra vigilant that I don’t end up being the perpetrator of these things onto others.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number that tells of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Go ahead and act confidently, Sagittarius. You will probably find that you're more stable and grounded in general, leaving you free to explore and take more risks than you normally would. Your intuition may be strong, so don't hesitate to rely on it. Make sure your actions are clear and decisive. You have a great deal of power, so use it wisely.

And: “Today you might be compelled to remain at home for a while, perhaps waiting for a phone call or visitor. This could drive you crazy, especially if nothing comes when you think it should. Try to find something to keep you occupied while you're waiting. Read, exercise, spruce up the house, and watch an exciting video. That will help pass the time and keep you from constantly looking at the door or phone!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles. This card tells of an understanding of the need of tradition, of playing by the rules, and of being aware of the patterns around us and making use of them.  If we have the discipline to focus on these things over the long term, we can create a comfortable bounty for ourselves.  And possibly, an even better future, if we keep that focus going despite our bounty.

I have seen in multiple places a truly awful explanation for why the school shooting in Newtown happened.  People in several places have stated that this happened in this school because we have chased God out of our schools.  Really??? This is the solution you offer to this problem of mass killings??

Every time I see this, steam comes out of my ears.  First of all, the last I heard, the Christian God does not abandon innocent people because they don’t perform formal prayers.  I seem to remember, in the new Testament, that Jesus said that private prayer was as valuable as public prayer; in fact, there are circumstances (such as when someone prays publicly because it makes them look good to others) when private prayer is preferred. 

Also, not every student in every school is Christian, and the last time I looked the US was still a country that offered its citizens, within its Constitution, specific freedom to practice the religion of their choice, and even to not practice any religion.  How does bringing the Bible back to our schools keep within the requirements of our Constitution?

I grew up Christian, and I remember being told many times that God helps those who help themselves.  Perhaps that is what God is waiting for us to do.  Maybe once we make it much more difficult for civilians to keep military style automatic weapons with huge ammo clips, and maybe once we make it much easier for people with mental health issues who can’t afford individual specialized treatment to get help without stigma, we will get some good attention from God.  Maybe then, God will look upon us with a smile on Her/His/Its face, and say, “Finally!  Finally, these humans who I love so much are learning how to take care of themselves and each other with true compassion and love.  Maybe now, I will be a bit easier on them.”

My heart breaks for this young man who felt that he had no other way to deal with his issues, whatever they were, other than to kill many people and then himself.  My heart breaks for the parents and teachers who now need hugely immense healing, at a time when we should all celebrating renewal and love and light.  My heart breaks for the children who survived this horrible ordeal.  I am proud, so very proud, of the heroes who attempted to short-circuit this killing spree, at the cost of their own lives.  What a beautiful example of love this is, this sacrifice of one’s life in order to save the lives of others, amidst heartache and loss and confusion and pain.

I do not believe that God, whoever or whatever She/He/It is, would allow this painful horror to happen solely because Christians don’t pray in school any more, or because people don’t honor Christmas any more, or because people talk in a disrespectful manner about their own God or the Gods of others.  I don’t believe that the first thing we should be focusing on as a country and as a species is to end religious freedom.  I think the time has come for us to help ourselves, the time has come for us to help those around us, the time has come for us to actively honor each other with love and compassion whether or not we are “perfect.” 

Until we do this as a country and a species, I don’t think anyone’s God is going to out of Her/His/Its way to make our life lessons a bit less painful.

Rant over.  Blessed Be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment