Sunday, December 16, 2012


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

59, Grail Hollows: The Stone (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Stone represents the deepest and most pure manifestation of the element of Earth, and tells us of traditions that have been around for a long time (some of them relatively unchangeable, and that can be either good or bad).  The understanding of those traditions, and within that process, the determination of their validity for us personally, brings us authority.  This understanding also offers us entry into the understanding of the mysteries that are the foundation of spirituality, and of life and living.

36, Guide: Bear (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

51, Gateway: The World Tree (Below). The World Tree is a powerful symbol in many cultures; in Wicca, the Tree is seen as representing the cast circle, and it is seen as a gateway to the Underworld.  The World Tree is about initiation of the most exciting kind; it tells of the ability to tap into the knowledge and wisdom that is a part of me through my ancestors, and it tells of the ability to connect with non-physical beings.

I then created my mandala.  Interesting. This mandala has strong grounding.  The World Tree, representing a cast circle (and thus the creation of sacred space that is not space or time) seems to be gripping or cradling The Stone, which is about foundation, the manifestation of Earth, and the understanding of the mysteries of life and of living.  The mandala created by these cards also reminds me that I need to protect and nurture my foundation, not only to keep myself safe, but also to guide others.  **deep breath**  I still don’t feel ready for this responsibility, but I guess these things don’t wait until we are ready.

Awesome weekend, but busy.  I spent last night with my beloved Pagan Brain Trust for our Solstice Salon.  I really have missed being with this group, and we won’t let so much time pass between get-togethers again.

Today, we took some clients to see a Broadway play (Chaplain) and then went to dinner.  We had a great day.  Awesome!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment